And I only spent 7 dollars on it! Whooo!
Out of all the rooms in our apartment our bedroom needs some TLC (besides the bathroom, but we can't do much about that one). No one ever sees it though, so it's always put on the bottom of the list. Anywho, I've been wanting to make a headboard for our bed, but just haven't gotten around to it. My friend Marilyn used an old door as a headboard, it looks great. We looked for an old door for a long time and no luck. Long story short, this is what I came up with!
You take a cheap board, the size you want (we just happened to have left overs from a different project).
Next I stapled card board on top.
Then I did another one, but I taped this one on, because the staples wouldn't go all the way through, plus no one would see it anyway.
I found dark, brown, micro fiber fabric on clearance at JoAnn's, with an additional 50% off=$3.50 a yard! I needed two yards for this project. My board was 2 feet tall and about 5 1/2 feet wide.
They look flimsy, which they are, but most of the weight is on the bed and we will attach it to the wall. I used heavey duty velcro strips on the top of the board and attached them to the wall.
This was before:
(taken on a much more beautiful warm day than today)
The pictures do not do justice!
We love it and it is so comfortable to lean up against.
I love how it turned out!!!! Now I just need to add some other things to our room and it will all come together. By the time we leave probably! (Hopefully sooner!)
8 comments:
Great job!! Much more comfy than the wall! Great to see you the other night, we need to do it more often. :)
so cute! I love it! I wanted to do something like that before we got our bed, and i totally approve - good job.
Way to go! That is awesome! We don't have a headboard- I should get crafty and make one like this. It's way cute!
wow! i'm impressed...i need you to come to my house and decorate it. I have zero craftiness :)
I love it. Very clever and it looks really good in your bedroom.
That is sooo awesome Mary! I love it! I can't believe it only cost you seven dollars, you must have got a deal on the material. It looks awesome, way to go! I like the close up picture because it really shows the texture of the material.
I love the headboard! I'd really like to do something like that. You're so creative :).
You are SOO creative!! I love to keep up with your cute little family!! And get such good ideas for cheap!!
Post a Comment