Saturday, October 11, 2008

A night on the town

The Cleveland Night Life.

I know I always joke about how I don't really like living in Cleveland,
this is not entirely true. I do like living in Cleveland, it just took some major adjustments.
One thing that I have really missed is seeing pretty landscapes from high places like this. There are no mountains in Ohio and the only place you can get a view like the one above is from the 11th floor on the Lerner Tower at Case.

The picture below is another shot from the party, it was really neat that on the left we saw a beautiful sunset behind the city and on our right you could see Lake Erie.
What a site to see!


Last night Matt and I were able to go to a very formal dinner party (I felt a little under dressed). It was mostly with first year medical students and their partners, there were a few second year students and a handful of third years. The party was very nice, I have never been to such a fancy party before. The men were in suits and the women in their sleek black dresses, sipping on wine (we had caffeine free Diet Coke). It was very interesting and very much out of our element.
After the party we all headed over to Severance Hall to attend a concert by the Cleveland Orchestra.
To our surprise, during the middle of the concert Lang Lang came out and played the piano for about an hour of the concert. He was amazing!!! I am not a huge fan of the Orchestra, but this was really awesome. For those of you who don't know who he is, if you watched the opening ceremonies for the Beijing Olympics he was playing in it. He does not have any music in front of him and it just amazes me how he can memorize the entire piece. It was a real treat! The entire night was funded by donors through the Medical School.
Everything was free, it was so nice!

And it was great to have our good friends there.
The Marilyn and Jason are in our ward and Jason is a
second year med student. We always have fun hanging out.
The picture above was at the party. And the two below were
at the Orchestra. The floor we were on had just been completed and it had not been used by any students from Case yet, we were the first. It was beautiful! And it had an AMAZING view!!!


Thanks to our friends the Gowans we were able to go on this fun date while they watched Luke.
Thank You!!!!

Before we left Luke and Matt were rough housing a bit and I took some fun pictures.
I wanted to show off Luke's three little teeth. He has had his two bottom one's for a while and he just got the top one (it's not all the way in just yet). The one little top tooth is so goofy looking!

Oh and Luke's hair got really static-y.
It shows how long his light blond hair really is.
(Where did he get the blonde hair anyway???)

1 comment:

Maddy said...

his teeth are so cute! they're so goofy lookin' when their teeth start coming in. With Britt, the top 2 didn't come in at the same time, but one of the top ones and then one of the side top ones, so he had a big gap in his teeth for a while! :) I hope you guys have Thanksgiving off!