Anyway, we had a heck of a busy, but fun weekend! Friday day we found this awesome hotel liquidation sale, where they were selling all this older stuff from hotels for way cheap! They had everything from couches, armoirs, mirrors, lamps, t.v's, beds, anything you'd find in a hotel room. I know some would probably be pretty gross to buy like comforters. We bought this big mirror I'm going to repaint the frame and we'll hang it in our dinning room. And we also bought a padded bench, not sure what we're doing with it just yet, but it was in good shape and only 5 bucks.
Later we had a Halloween Party at church. It was loads of fun. It was supposed to be outside, but since it was raining we had it in doors. They had chili and cider, a parade for the kids, awards and we decorated the classroom doors and had trick-or-treaters (it was supposed to be trunk-or-treat). About 20 minutes before we were supposed to leave we decided how we were going to decorate our trunk (or the back of the chalk board). I had tons of this ugly orange fabric and some black pieces. We just cut out the black pieces and pinned them on. It was Matt's idea, we made this ugly pumpkin that looked so lame, but ended up being a hit.
Luke was Mr. Baby Incredible and Matt a paratrooper or something and I was dressed waaay too warm (because I thought it would be outside) so I was just dying.
We got a yummy candy bar and a Halloween cd. Wahoo!
Then on Saturday we woke up early and tried cleaning up our house in preparation for Meg and Dave's arrival!!! Matt has been trying to get back in the mode of studying so he did a lot of that. About a block away from us there is this big Baptist church that had an Arts and Craft fair going on and I really really wanted to go (I miss going to all the good ones in Utah so much!!!).
Well...it didn't end up being anything like the one's I'm used to. It was pretty lame, but interesting I guess. It was mainly over priced junk. Like freaky hand made bears this old man was trying to sell us, bamboo plants, clothing from other countires, this freaky lady trying to get us to buy a "personalized" cd for Luke (all she did was burn a disc and slap a sticker on it with his name) for $20...yeah right! There was a lot of pretty jewlery I would have loved but way out of my price range. Every one selling things were trying so hard to pressure us into buying everything, "Will you buy some lovely cards with pictures of these beautiful windows on them? It would make a great thank you card." NO THANKS! It was a bit strange.
After that adventure we headed over to a friends birthday party that was so darn cute! She was turning two and her mom did such an awesome job. It was a Pixar Party and she had so many good ideas. She had little stations set up with different things to do from Pixar movies. All the food had labels like she had Oreo's that were labeled "Luigi Wheels" Off of the movie Cars. It was a lot of fun for all the kids.
Then JoAnn's was having an awesome sale so we ran over there to buy some fabric and things and we got such a great deal!
It was Stake Conference weekend and so we quickly headed out to Kirtland (about 20 minutes) to attend the adult session. Whew what a day.
Sunday, however, was a wonderful day. It was chilly but a beautiful day. We had Stake Conference at 10am, but Matt is in the YM Presidency and they told him he had to be there at 8:30am to practice with the youth who would be singing. We got there an hour and a half early, walked in and saw that there were not any leaders singing. Lucky us. We did get a good, soft seat and a close parking spot though. The talks were great, I love living in the Kirtland area. Each Conference and every time our Stake President speaks he talks about the Saints and I have grown to love the early Kirtland Saints and members of the church. I have learned so many awesome stories and visited the sites here many, many times. I love walking where the Saints walked and feeling the spirit in all of the sacred places. I truly will miss living so close to Kirtland and being a part of the Kirtland Stake.
A member of the Seventy (Elder Archebald) spoke at our Conference meeting and told a funny story.
He said,
"President Monson recently visited a nursing home in Salt Lake City. He approached an older lady and kneeled down in front of her. He came close to her, face to face and said, 'Do you know who I am?' She replied, 'No, but if you go to the front desk they will tell you."
It was a great day, I love our Stake Conferences.
This week is yet another busy week. Meg and Dave (Matt's bro and wife) are moving out to Maryland this week and are staying with us for a few days, we are very excited! We love having visitors. We have not seen them since March and Meg is about 7 months pregnant (I think). They will be about a 5 hour drive south, so we are so excited to have family living close by (haha). This is also Matt's last week on research block :( A sad week indeed. Next week he starts his rotations at Metro in Internal Medicine, he will be very, very busy and I will not see him very much. We've had such a great break, being able to spend so much time together!!
Thanks for being an awesome, hard working, amazing husband and father Matt.
We love you!!!
"President Monson recently visited a nursing home in Salt Lake City. He approached an older lady and kneeled down in front of her. He came close to her, face to face and said, 'Do you know who I am?' She replied, 'No, but if you go to the front desk they will tell you."
It was a great day, I love our Stake Conferences.
This week is yet another busy week. Meg and Dave (Matt's bro and wife) are moving out to Maryland this week and are staying with us for a few days, we are very excited! We love having visitors. We have not seen them since March and Meg is about 7 months pregnant (I think). They will be about a 5 hour drive south, so we are so excited to have family living close by (haha). This is also Matt's last week on research block :( A sad week indeed. Next week he starts his rotations at Metro in Internal Medicine, he will be very, very busy and I will not see him very much. We've had such a great break, being able to spend so much time together!!
Thanks for being an awesome, hard working, amazing husband and father Matt.
We love you!!!
2 comments:
That'll be nice to have family close! I love the cake stands! That is what I should do:) The pics of Luke are great and you did have a great pumpkin door. Please add me to the list: Telithawalther@gmail.com and nolanwalther@gmail.com
Thanks!
The pictures automatically drop into the very top of the post, but you can move them easily...just click and drag or cut and paste.
The hotel thing sounds awesome. I would have liked to pick up a mini fridge. Did you find the Dillard's clearance center?
Post a Comment