
Last weekend our ward had "Fun Friday" or what others usually call it is "Super Saturday" (we have ours late on Friday nights so the hubbys can stay home with the kids that are usually just sleeping). We made a few fun crafts that were SUPER easy and cheap, because the majority of our ward are poor graduate students.
Above are two different sized cake plates, which actually are two candle sticks glued with Epoxy to two glass plates. Simple! And super cute! And behind, we just bought cheap plastic frames and modge podged scrapbook paper over it, you can do cute embellishments like buttons, ribbons or whatever to spice it up.

I love the holidays, but I'm not a huge decorator and the truth is I don't have a lot to decorate. I like it clean and simple. So in our multi-living room we have our big desk and on top of it I did this (above). I got four little pumpkins and bought that big, wooden candle stick at Goodwill for like $3 and repainted it. I painted one pumpkin white and stuffed some mossy stuff underneath it. I shreaded a black piece of paper and scrunched it up and Matt thought these nearly dead leaves looked good mixed with it...I'm not so sure? But I left it anyway.
On to the BIG project..dundundunnn...
First you take this.....
(all these balls)Luke looks like he's never seen a ball before..oh wait he hadn't. 
Next you take this stuff and a few more things....

And you get....well it's a surprise and you'll just have to wait and see.
It's a big project that has been taking up a lot of our spare time,
but it sure has been fun working on together and will be totally AWESOME
when it is finished. Hopefully soon!!!!
3 comments:
THose cake plates turned out so cute! I have mine stacked on a shelf in Hannah's room (mostly cause I don't have anywhere to store them, but they do look cute and girly in her room!) Your frame turned out cute too!
I can't wait to see what the BIG project is! I have no guesses! I'll have to keep checking in to see the big unveiling! Ü
I love those cake plates! I think I'm going to make some. And I have no idea what the other project is and am excited to see so get it done fast!
You guys are so clever. I may have to copy whatever you are making for the balls, Sawyer loves balls. Good luck and have fun.
Post a Comment