Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some things I really love...

  • When Devin is fighting to go to sleep, and screams and screams (don't love that) and I give in and hold him, cuddling him close. Then I kiss him on the cheek and he can't help but giggle every time, even if he's still crying.
  • How Luke wants to snuggle with me on the couch.
  • When Devin is hungry and watching me open the baby food, or mix the cereal and he makes this whimpering sound and opens and closes his mouth to make it sound something like this, "ahyayayayahayaya." It's a sweet sound, nothing loud and annoying (yet).
  • That Devin loves to eat food. 
  • When Luke and I have quiet time, while Devin is napping. We usually end up snuggling on the couch, under a blanket, reading a lot of library books. And sometimes Luke will even fall asleep.
  • How Matt teaches Luke to respect and listen to his mama (me).
  • The ring tone I have set on my phone for when Matt calls. I get excited every time.
  • The sound of the garage door opening or the keys turning in the backdoor, when Matt gets home.
  • The growl sound that Devin makes when he's playing and pulling everything towards his mouth. It's so funny.
  • How Devin just rolls all over the place. He's so determined to get around, so he rolls right into the next room. Or now he'll even slide himself around on the hardwood floors.
  • How Luke just loves his little brother.
  • How Devin tries hard not to smile, but ends up smiling anyway.
  • That Luke is "the cleaner guy" and always wants a job to do. And he's always so proud when he cleans up the front room. Even though all he's done is picked up everything and put it on the couch.
  • How happy and excited Devin is to see all of us in the morning (especially me). 
  • That Matt is so encouraging and supportive. He's always encouraging me to learn and try new things, hanging out with my girlfriends, telling me to take a friend out to eat, or take time out for myself. He's such a great guy.
  • How Devin reaches for me.
  • That Luke loves to have dance parties with me and is silly and wild. We have so much fun and he's actually quite good.
  • That Devin is so ticklish on his neck, under his cheeks. He laughs every time we kiss him there.
I love that my life is surrounded by these amazing guys, big and small.
I never imagined that when I had children that I'd be outnumbered. I'm pretty girly, I just assumed that I'd have all girls, I guess. And I thought that my life would be complete chaos (and maybe it will be when they're older) with boys. But I actually love having boys and wouldn't be sad if our next (not anytime soon) was a boy. Most people when they see me at the store say something rather annoying like "Ohhh two boys! Gesh! You must go crazy" or whatever. Some people really like to give you their opinion around here! But this older lady noticed my two boys when we were shopping the other day and I was expecting a similar comment, but she surprised me. She said, "Oh you are so lucky to have two boys. Boys are so sweet and they just love their mama's!" It made me happy, and I completely agree with her.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

So what's your ringtone for Matt?

BTW, I love this list, because I love your boys. They're great.

Kat said...

I LOVE this. I need to write down the things that I love before I forget.