Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oh Luke

I don't get why everyone complains about the "terrible two's," I think the three's are much harder. At least around here they are.

Luke is actually a pretty mellow, easy going, crowd-pleasing kid. But he is a 3 year old boy and tends to get a little wild at times, as he should. He has quite the little attitude sometimes and I don't think he really knows how to let out his frustration, besides hitting things or growling really loud. He's working on being obedient. When we ask him to do something, he says okay, but takes the long route to walk to time out, or slowly rolls into the time out corner....it is funny...but makes it hard to discipline the boy. Anyway, we're working on that. On a better note, he is a great kid and we love him to pieces.

He loves to do karate, or "wakwatee."
Have sword fights.
"Set up" stories (tell/make up stories).
Play "name that tune" and he's actually really good at it.
Read books.
 (Try to) Shoot his bow and arrow.
Play games on the "waputer."
Use his iphone (which is really a calculator. Shhhh).
Run around in circles on our main floor-I don't think it will ever get old.
Play  (Sonic the) "Hedgehog" with dad.
Use his "fast button" to go faster while doing anything, usually when he's running (and I swear it really works!).
Pretend that he's "Dash (from Incredibles) the fastest boy!"


He sure is funny and keeps us laughing.
-He called my dad to sing Happy Birthday and sang the line "happy birthday to you" about 10 times and each time his voice got higher and higher and finally he said, "happy birthday dear gwampa, happy bithday dear gwampa!" 
-He asked me to sing I Am a Child of God and as he was walking out of the room, while I was singing, he said, "okay, stop mom." I was almost done and thought I'd just finish and he said, "I don't want to hear it!"
-While putting him to bed tonight he chose to wear his Spider-Man pj shirt, that has wings or I guess webs-you know what I mean. And he told me, "I want to wear my Spider-Man shirt so I can fly to....(pause)....TEXAS!!!!" I asked him why Texas, and he said, "So I can go see my friend Yogan (Logan) and my other cousins and friends! Yeah that's because!"-He says, "that's because," when he means "that's why."
-"So Mom you're hair looks good! You look beautiful! Are you a princess?"
-"So, what do you want to do now Mom?"-about every 10 minutes.



It is so fun to watch him learn new things and become his own person with a big personality. When I thought of having a little boy, I thought of lots of cars, trains, trucks, mud, bugs, you know, typical boy stuff. Well this kid sure likes all that stuff, but he's not way into those things like a lot of little boys are. Luke loves to do puzzles, play games, color, paint, build/make things. He likes to pretend he's a super hero. He has a big imagination and it's so fun.

I love this picture. I found all these things neatly set up in our living room. I tried taking the picture without him noticing me noticing his things (if that makes sense). They kind of sum him up. He loves to wear the Batman mask and "protect the good people and fight the bad guys." He loves to have sword fights. His arrows for his bow, with more "swords" he made. The red rope by his foot, he uses that to "tie on his peg leg!" He seriously limps around like he has a peg leg, it's so funny. And I don't really get the snowman bag, but he carries pretend food around in it, maybe he just knows about emergency preparedness?

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I can totally see Luke going, "I'm the Dash!"