Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Green's Patrick Day.

Luke is SO into holiday's this year. It is so fun, he asks what the next holiday is every day and thinks every day is/should be a holiday. So, since V-day, he's been so excited for St. Patrick's Day. And now he keeps asking if we can clean our house and decorate for Grandpa Johnson's birthday that's on Monday....so we might be having a long-distance birthday party for you dad! He's a funny kid.

All along he can't seem to get the name right either. He calls it Green's Patrick Day. And if you ask his what the name of our church is, it gets even better. He says, "The Church of Jesus Christ of St. Patrick's Day."
We're working on that one.
Luke and Dev in their green clothes. Notice Luke's green mittens?

We had such a fun day planned. We had a little play group at our house. I made these totally awesome rainbow cupcakes, go here for the recipe. I am still amazed by them and they really weren't hard to make. The kiddies decorated their cupcakes and colored leprechaun pictures.

We had more babies than kids here, so we had some serious tummy-time going on.
These two rollers, aren't they adorable?
Dev was so excited to have all his friends there...
I think. :)
It was so fun. The kids were wild, as usual, but it helped Luke get some of his wiggles out. The weather was gorgeous! In the 60's. After our friends went home we spent much of the afternoon outside. Played in the swampy backyard (Luke had to change his clothes 3 times, because of slipping/splashing/getting soaked in the puddles-I hope it dries out soon), walked to the park and the library.

Matt got home and we decided to go out and grab a Philly sandwich at Penn Station-yum! My heart is still hurting though.

It was a great day! By the end of the day Luke was begging Matt to take off his green shirt so he could pinch him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few random pics I thought I'd post too.

I was preparing my lesson for YW last week and Dev was sitting up nice and cozy next to me. I thought it was so cute, so yes, I bothered Matt for a half hour to come take a picture, because I'm always the one behind the camera. Isn't he cute?!

And just a few things I love.
First, him. 
He is hanging the rods for my kitchen curtains (that I still need to make). He is always so helpful and so willing to help! I love it.
Second, he is a total nerd and sometimes wears his beanie like a dork. Usually folding the sides up to look like Robin Hood (not in this pic).
And third, he had this day off, we ran errands for me, he let me buy some new shirts, he played with the kids and kept them busy, he helped me do things that I needed to get done, and watched the kids as I ran out the door for YW's that night. And on top of that, my friend needed a babysitter asap and he watched anther little almost-3-year-old, and put Luke and Dev to bed-ALL while I was at YW's.

He did all of that in a day. Can you see how amazing he is?
Yeah, he's totally awesome and I love him.

No comments: