At the beginning of this week we had somewhat of a "heat wave." It was pushing 50 degrees and it was sunny! After two weeks of being sick and cooped up, and knowing that we'd be getting slammed (like right now) with rain for a few days and then heavy, wet snow (ugh) I knew we had to take advantage of the day!
We headed to the (ghetto) park down the street (the school closed down, so no one takes care of it, but it's only two blocks away), kicked the soccer ball around a bit, played, and then kept on walking to the library.
It was so nice to be out and get some fresh air!
We are SO READY FOR SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And in our little flower bed, soon to be garden, in our backyard we have tons of little tulips ready to come up!!! Come on spring!!!!
And I don't think any of these were planted by my mother-in-law, who planted 100 bulbs last fall! We're going to have millions of tulips!
At least, I think these are tulips? I could be wrong.
Who cares, something is growing, so that means warmer weather HAS TO be on it's way....sometime.
5 comments:
Those are definitely tulips! Just wanted to mention our heat wave. . .88 degrees today. Way to hot for March.
That's surprising to see the tulips coming up before crocuses or daffodils, but those are definitely tulips
Scottie has that same binkie! Do you have a blue & white one too that came with it? And, I love the picture on your anniversary post! Dave and I do that all the time with that web cam program :)
Hey my vote is that they are definitely tulips. Where did you get your wheat grinder? I'd love to jump on that train! We aren't finding out that gender (I promised ry if we could find out on the first on we could have the second be a surprise) and like a total hypocrite after what I told you when you considered natural birth we are goin granola this time! I think we may be coming into your area the first of April (I am helping with youth conference and they are having it at Kirtland so they are doing an overnight visit to scope things out) and we'd love to see you! You're super mom! Wish you were here I need some decorating help before my parents come to visit next week!
I planted a ton of tulips this last fall only to discover we had an opossum come and dig them up and eat them :( I love spring it is my favorite season! It is like everything comes back to life (including me)!
Post a Comment