Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SCORE!!!!

I'm pretty sure Saturday was one of the best Saturdays I've ever had.
Seriously. It rocked.

All because, 1. Matt was off. 2. awesome garage sales (Matt's idea this week). 3. yummy Mexican food for lunch, half price. 4. Matt hung all the blinds and curtain rods. 5 I had "me" time while Luke and Matt napped, I was able to finish the baby's curtains. and 6. my super cool friends threw me an awesome baby shower (pictures of that later).

But this post is just for the 2nd reason.

I don't think we have ever been luckier with our finds.
I was so excited, I squealed.

Pretty much since Luke's first summer (at 5 mo. old) we've kept our eyes out for a double stroller at garage sales and craigslist. We've come close many times, but someone would always beat us to it. 

Anyway, here's the loot.
All from one garage sale.
A Bob Revolution Duallie Jogger, a twin Maclaren stroller, this adorable kitchen set & bench.
Not pictured, lacrosse set, sidewalk chalk and miniature wheelbarrow (it's so cute, I'm going to use it for photos).
The pink bench (which has already been painted brown) and the other stuff that isn't in the picture were all free. 
Oh and a big, wooden dinosaur puzzle (for Luke for Christmas $2).

I know, you're all dying to know how much we spent.
Well, let me break it down.
(Can you tell how excited I am?!!!)
This adorable wooden kitchen is in great shape (some crayon marks) and is actually a pretty good size.
Luke ran straight to it saying, "do you like it mom?"
$20
We're saving it for when the baby comes.

And before I go on about the strollers, let me just explain why I needed (that's right needed) both.
I researched strollers for a long time and decided that we use ours often enough that it would be something I'd be willing to pay a pretty penny for (more than what we got these two for). I wanted something that would be great for walks (or jogs-for Matt-I'm no jogger), but that I could also use at stores, airports, etc. So I wanted an in between of these two strollers. The thought never occurred to me to get both, since clearly there would be no way I could afford both. 
 This twin Maclaren stroller retails for $380.
Plus, not pictured, it came with a rain cover, fly cover and two of those warm and snuggly bags for each seat.
Total retail, with accessories $530.00  
(for an umbrella stroller?!! Ouch!)

They wanted $100 for it.
We paid $65.
And yes, I had to post a lot of pictures, because I am SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!
And the BOB.
This thing is huge, but surprisingly weighs less than the Maclaren.

The BOB Revolution Duallie came with a rainguard and cup holder console thingy.
I actually love the color. It's 2 years old and in great shape.
The Bob retails for $570, and if you include the accessories it's $655.00.
They were asking $235 for it.
And, we paid $235 for it, because they weren't willing to negotiate, due to other interested customers.
So, we got both strollers, that are in awesome condition and only a few years old, for a total of $300 bucks!
I just think it's so retarded that all the high-end, super expensive strollers have all the accessories that you have to buy separately. 
We are SO happy (me especially and Matt is just happy that I didn't drag him to the Stroller Mama store on Saturday to "test drive" a million different strollers)!!!

Seriously, Ohio garage sales ROCK!

7 comments:

Shawny said...

You go girl! Gotta love a good deal!

Maddy said...

oh my goodness that is insane. i think britton and i should take a trip up there just so we can go yardsale shopping again... :) let me know how you like side my side doubles!

Kat said...

Wow was that perfect for you or what? My sister has the revolution and she absolutely LOVES it. I would have gotten that one but it was too expensive. The kitchen set is adorable. How exciting. Now all you need is that baby.

paigernate said...

STOP IT! k- what are you doing THIS saturday? lol. you have the BEST scores and i am super jealous! looks like nate and i need to get out and about!!!!! way to go~ i think i would squeal out of excitement as well. have you been asking these people what their children's names are? maybe you could find a name for him there as well :)

Lindsay Family said...

Wow! Amazing deals! I got the Bob Revolution in the same color when we moved to CA and I Absolutely LOVE it! Your babies are going to have such a smooth ride on the bumpy sidewalks out there!

The Elledges said...

holy smokes!!!! best garage sales ever. I am so impressed!!!!

Marilyn said...

And the prize goes to you guys for being such awesome bargain hunters! Dang those are pretty sweet finds!