Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer Love

Today, with a few friends, we ventured out to our favorite farm, Monroe Orchards in Hiram, Ohio.
It's a bit of a drive (30-40 min), but totally worth it.
I think of all the delicious fruits and veggies these farms have to offer, the peaches are my absolute favorite.
They remind me of home. We had a peach tree in our backyard, my mom always canned peaches and I remember eating them constantly. Mmmmm. They are soft, so juicy and just perfect.
I guess the seasons for fruits are a little early this year. So we were lucky enough to pick some raspberries while we were there. They are also d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.
And cute.
But picking them surrounded by bees, not so cute.


Luke was such a good helper and picked a lot of ripe raspberries for me. Every now and then he'd give some to my friends baby, she (the baby) loved it. After we drove to a nearby park to have a picnic and play on the playground, before we headed back home.

I wish this picture was in focus. Isn't he cute?




Happy August.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yummy! I love fresh peaches! They will be in season here soon and I can't wait! I love your pictures, as always.