Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Girls rock.

I think the biggest blessing with us staying in Cleveland is that I have some really great friends!
I'm so glad that I didn't have to say good-bye  
(even though, most of them will be saying it to me in the next year or two when they move on).
A few weekends ago my good friends, Marilyn and Debbie, with the help of other gals, threw me a baby shower. It was so fun and there was a lot of work that went into it.

Here's the group (not sure why the picture turned out so blurry, darn).

We played some fun games of diaper smelling (melted candy bars), baby naming and I think the most entertaining was the outfit designs.
Marilyn had a great idea. Everyone paired up and was given a small bag that had random scraps of fabric and odds and ends. They were to make baby outfits in five minutes, using what was in their bag and either hot glue, tape or staples. It was pretty hilarious.

Cicely was very excited about the Peter Pan Christmas baby. Haha.



At the end, I was the judge and picked a winner. Terri and Laura won with their European shepherd boy...It was the vest and hat that won me over. They got the coolest prizes too! Marilyn had made the cutest aprons to give to the winners. I still can't believe how much work went into this party. It was so fun!


We enjoyed each others company, ate some good food and then I got to open all my awesome presents.
Janna knit the baby this adorable beanie. She is so talented! (And sells them on Etsy).
I got some very adorable outfits, blankets, diapers, toys and just tons of great stuff...including some adorable bags.
The spread.
My friend, Paige, made these super yummy and cute brownie pops, for the party favors!
THANK YOU SO MUCH 
to all my great friends who threw the shower and for all of you who could come!
I'm now very prepared for this little guy to come and so excited to use all the new stuff!

And just the other night a group of us went out for Mexican food and to celebrate our friend Shawny's (who is also from SF, wahooo) birthday. It was so yummy and it's always fun to go with the girls!
Happy Birthday Shawny!


I love my friends!

4 comments:

paigernate said...

i was there vicariously through the brownie pops! i wish i could have been there, it looks like fun.... and i hate missing out on a good time, all most as much as i hate missing out on sweet prizes{so cute marilyn} :) i am so jealous of your new little one coming!

Marilyn said...

Awesome post! hee hee! We did have a blast and I am so glad you got pictures of our "Project Baby Runway" creations, although I still think the Hawaiian Baby was pretty darn cute in his little grass skirt and button up tourist shirt. ;)

Maddy said...

that's so great that you have such a good girl circle up there!! it makes school and i bet residency go by without as much loneliness :) and i'm so glad matt will be around more now!

Katie Blacker said...

So much fun! Your shower was a blast. And I was so sad to miss Shawny's b-day celebration. For once, I didn't have mutual but I had a dental school thing that night instead.