Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Where is my Lukey?

Today we got Luke a big boy bed. He was SO excited.
We're hoping he'll stay in it, all night long and quit showing up in our room 5x a night. 
Before, his crib mattress was just on the floor, but then he started getting little bumps that we think might have been some kind of bug bites (gross, I know), so we wanted him up off the floor. Plus we will be needing the crib mattress soon! 
So tonight we did our bedtime routine and we have one of those childproof handles on the inside of his door and if he comes out once we shut his door and he's locked in. We sound like great parents huh?
To my surprise he didn't make a peep. I peeked under his door (not easy for a 34 week pregnant mom). I thought for sure he was pulling out every drawer and ripping whatever he could to shreds. But he was in his bed like a good little boy.

A while later I opened his door to check on him. I was excited to see him snoozing away in his big bed.
At first glance I thought he was snuggled up next to the rail.
Closer look. He wasn't there and I hadn't seen him anywhere when I walked in the room. And his door had been tightly (I mean, it gets stuck I can hardly get it open) closed.
No Luke.
Obviously, I knew he hadn't gone far. And there he was, snug as a bug, on his favorite sleeping place, the carpet, with his baby blanket. This whole falling asleep on the floor might be a hard habit to break. I thought it was so cute that he had even tucked himself in with his blanket. He never sleeps with it on.


I know what you're thinking..."Man, that kid has the most boring, ugly room." Well...it's true, for now. Our main floor is basically decorated and presentable (still needs some curtains and a few things), but our 2nd floor has one picture hung up in the bathroom-that's it, so far. 

Getting this place just how I want it will take a while. But here are some of my ideas for his room.
Remember that hideous mustard yellow desk we had? Well, Matt sanded it and repainted it and I love how it turned out. I want to add some cute porcelain (maybe with numbers on them?) knobs. And we got two old, dirty, semi-painted chairs for free too and Matt sanded them and I stained them. I love how they turned out. The only problem with the desk is we don't think we want to keep it in Luke's room. We are thinking of building one of those cubical shelf things, with the baskets? So we might sell it (even though I love it!) just because we don't have a spot for it. We would if we had painted it a different color...maybe we will?
I'm slowly working on the baby's room. I hope it turns out how I've imagined! So far I've made a super cute crib skirt and I'm working on the curtains. I just need to make a blanket to match and hang some decor. I'll post pics as soon as I get it finished.

3 comments:

Emily said...

So funny that he won't sleep on the bed yet. But, typical for kids. I love your ideas for the room. Good luck getting the babies room ready too, I'm excited to see what you're creating!

The Mortensens said...

Such a cute boy! And please don't sell that desk.... but if you do, I'll take it! :) It is so cute I love it!!

Just the 4 of us said...

Ha ha! That is so cute, and hilarious! I am just so glad you got pictures so you can show him when he gets older! It takes so much work to get everything done, and your house is looking great!