This weekend, we accomplished a lot. It felt good.
Friday we spent way toooo many hours trying to get our cell phones figured out. We ended up switching to Verizon and after hitting four different stores, we finally got what we were looking for. So just so you know, we can be reached by our cell phones (same numbers as before). I know it gets confusing on how to reach us sometimes!
Saturday was a beautiful day. It was cool, breezy and just wonderful. We only had time to go to one garage sale and I definitely came home happy. Some friends of ours were doing it.
I was so excited, I had to post about them.
This big basket.
You can never have too many baskets like this.
$2
I LOVED this mirror when I saw it.
She was selling two others, but I had to limit myself.
She was selling two others, but I had to limit myself.
This would go perfectly in a little girls room....but since that won't be happening anytime soon, it'll most likely go in our bedroom.
"Mirror mirror on the wall..."
$5
$5
And last, but not least, a Radio Flyer bike.
Is this not the CUTEST bike you've ever seen?
Is this not the CUTEST bike you've ever seen?
My friend had her little boys pics taken on it and they were so cute. It has a broken chain, but we'll be fixing it.
$1
After the sale we went to Home Depot to pick up, the never-ending needed supplies for homeowners. We bought a bunch more blinds, some paint, tools and other things for some projects around here.
When my parents were here, my dad fixed our window sills and now that they have finally dried (took two weeks) and since it wasn't a rainy Saturday, we got them primed and painted. They are finished and look lovely (pictures to come). While I worked on the windows, Luke played in the backyard with toys, the hose and our little pool. Meanwhile, Matt fixed our garage-probably the biggest home improvement so far.
We were expecting to hire someone and probably pay $500-1,000 to have it fixed. All it took was about 20 bucks, a few hours and a really cute handy man...with the assistance of a very pregnant wife (the neighbors didn't stop staring, as I stood on a stool, straining to hold the siding out above my head, with an electric saw in my face and saw dust flying all over my body. It was quite the sight).
But best of all, our van fits in it now! (pictures to come too).
That night we cleaned up and decided to use a gift card and eat at the Outback (thanks Em & Doug!).
And if that wasn't enough, we had to stop and get ice cream on our way home....I know, real healthy.
Sunday was just as crazy, only with meetings and church stuff going on. Whew!
As always our short weekends go by way too fast, but we only have two more weeks of this hard rotation left and we'll be seeing Matt a lot more often.
As always our short weekends go by way too fast, but we only have two more weeks of this hard rotation left and we'll be seeing Matt a lot more often.
Lastly, the lovely (and I always feel silly when it comes to "pregnancy pictures") belly.
I think I am stretched to the max....but I know I will stretch even more in the coming weeks.
Yikes!
35 weeks!
Only 5 more weeks (or less, I haven't decided if I want to be induced early or not) till little______ (still need ideas) joins our family!
So far so good. Baby is healthy, mom is uncomfortable, and large and in charge....as it should be, right?
5 comments:
nice finds! that bike is adorable!! i found one for britton for next to nothing, but it was mostly pink. we just need to spray paint, right? Haha, that one is much cuter! i can't wait to see pictures of baby ____!!!! :)
Wow, what a great Saturday! I shouldn't be so lazy. Your belly is really too cute! It's hard to believe your almost having another baby, and I haven't even gotten to rub your budda belly!
Love you guys.
I love that mirror too! Glad you were able to snatch it up. You look as darling as usual! Can't wait to see the new little guy!
I can't believe how amazing the yard sales are there!! You always post such great finds! And your belly is cute! Only 5 weeks!! So exciting
Mary I just have to say I love and MISS you sooo much. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It seriously makes it all worth it. I love the belly. If I looked that cute pregnant I would MAYBE think about having another. Ha Ha! No way! Thanks for everything. Good luck in the weeks to come. You are adorable. XOXO
Post a Comment