I had to share this funny story (with Matt's consent).
Today was a good, but wild day in church, as we had to wrestle, bribe and keep Luke entertained to sit through sacrament meeting. He noticed four kids sitting behind us were all coloring pictures and I think he was a little jealous. He was trying to climb over the bench to join in the fun. Soon enough, my friend kindly handed Luke a picture and two crayons, so he wasn't left out. He was so excited and the first thing he said, loudly and repeatedly was
"Hey, that's my daddy!! That's my daddy!"
"Hey, that's my daddy!! That's my daddy!"
I was laughing hysterically, but quietly.
And then I quickly scribbled on some blue hair.
At first I thought, "I've got to put this on my blog," because it was just too funny. Then I thought Matt might not think it was that funny. But then after church Matt was showing a few people and everyone in the halls that saw and overheard our conversation thought it was pretty funny too, so Matt said I could put it on here.
Luke says funny things that keep us laughing. Today at church he saw a lot of kids bearing their testimonies and he kept saying, in between giggles,
"I've got to go up there mom!"
"I've got to go up there mom!"
And with Matt being gone a lot lately, he says, "I miss daddy," and "I know you miss daddy mommy." He also thinks we have separate rooms. There's mom's room and then dad's room, because Matt sleeps in our guest room during the day.
Here are just a few funny things he says:
"I can't believe it!"
"Don't even think about it."
"Oh my gosh." (I don't love hearing this one, but it's better than "oh my heck," which is what he used to say).
"But dad/mom said that!" Usually talking about watching a movie in the car, when one of us says no."
At bedtime: "But I'm scared of bugs and frogs and monsters" (thanks to monsters inc. for the monsters part, I don't know where he got the frogs).
At bedtime: "But I'm scared of bugs and frogs and monsters" (thanks to monsters inc. for the monsters part, I don't know where he got the frogs).
At TJ Max, we were at the check out to buy a toy:
Luke: Can't open it, we have to buy it first.
Mom: Do you have any money?
Luke: Yes.
Mom: Oh really, where is it?
Luke: Yes.
Mom: Oh really, where is it?
Luke: In your pocket.
5 comments:
hahaha in your pocket, that's awesome! smart kid!
He cracks me up. That is hilarious.
The photo is my favorite. Jonah had that a few weeks ago and was amazed at the two uses. I love these kinds of posts. I wish I'd write down things my kids said, because my memory is getting bad with two talkers, it'll only be worse with three, so I suppose I should. Keep'em coming though, I love a good laugh.
Oh, I love the last one. In your pocket. Classic!
That is too funny. I noticed that you guys were laughing at something he said at Church, too funny!
Post a Comment