Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Any ideas for this cute little tooodler?

We need some new ideas to help us get through sacrament meeting.
Luke struggles.
So, that means, Matt and I struggle.
The hitting, the spitting, the crying, the yelling-"I want my shoes on!!!!"
It's all quite lovely really.

This coming Sunday Matt will be on call which means me, and my nearly 38 week pregnant-ness, will get to haul us two troopers to church all by my lonesome. I will be a fun experience, I can already tell.
 
Anyway, if anyone has any totally awesome ideas that could possibly help me survive through church alone, please let me know!
(I'm desperate!)
He looks (and ususally is) very cute and sweet.....
but do not forget,
he's two.

Gotta love 'em!

6 comments:

Janelle said...

I voted for Own, Jared, and Jude.

I have a great Sacrament toy for Julie, but she doesn't quite "get" it yet. Luke's a little more advance, though. It's a rice bag, with hidden treasures. There's a laminated card attached with the list of goodies inside. I'll show it to next time I see you and I have it.

Also, I went to Mayfield's craft thing last Fall, and they had some Sacrament meeting folders that were really great. I never finished coloring them, so they're not laminated or usable yet, but they're really neat, too. Matching shapes, letters, animals, colors, setting a manger/stable scene. Carissa used to have a similar set. Here's a better idea of what I'm talking about. You could probably find enough pages online, or make your own with just clip art. Most of mine are at least partially colored by now, so Xeroxing wouldn't be terribly effective.

Ryan and Mandie said...

Oh that makes me feel so much better about our sacrament experience oh and the fact that your toddler is hitting! What are we going to do when they do not have our full attention because we have another little one to attend to? I think I need to get on my knees =) anyways these are some things I do when I attend sacrament meeting alone that seem to help: Brax does so much better in a bench seat, I take a good treat and make him sit on my lap throughout the passing of the sacrament..He like M&M's other than that we bring plenty of trucks and coloring books to entertain...These methods work sometime not all the time. Also a good nap and snacks always help. I so know how you feel and it is exhausting!! I have left early in tears. Good luck!

Karlie Ann Ady said...

Hey Mar I am trying something that you could do because we also have the hitting, screaming, arch your back-tantrums that we all love. I am making Dean a book by dressing him up and taking his picture or you could let Luke choose what to take the pic of or let him take it even. Then I will put it together to tell scripture stories and add my own words. Dean likes to see pics of himself and I am hoping it's a 15-minute let me take the sacrament winner! It's not going to be fancy just print it out, laminate and bind it at kinkos or something but it would help you fill your matt-less days as well!

Angi said...

Hey girlie so I have been thinking about you a ton lately. How are you? Before I forget I have been meaning to tell you about the cutest little blond 2 1/2 year old boy in my ward. His name is Scout. I just saw him the other day and thought that he could fit right into your fam (haha) Scout Clark had a ring to it. It's actually his middle name, but he has always gone by it. That might be too out there for you. So as far as church goes, Keegan and Addi loooove those color wonder books. I love them too. They get to use markers and they don't make a mess. Also I quit giving my big kids treats a long time ago. Instead they have to wait until after the sacrament for a piece of gum. It's funny because Addi who I do bring treats for passes them over for the gum. It seems to keep her busy chewing and they seem to be a little more reverent and talk a little less. I hope that works. But, I've got to be honest. If I were you I probably wouldn't go. Ha Ha! I think you would be forgiven. Good luck with EVERYTHING! I hope this helps :)

Marilyn said...

Cute pics regardless of how crazy he has gotten at church!

Maddy said...

my friend at church has these cardboard cutout things that have shoe strings to "sew" through all the holes. I don't know how to explain it, but she got them at walmart. All the parents fight to sit by her in sacrament because that whole section of kids just sits there and sews and doesn't make a peep during the whole meeting - haha. and since luke likes puzzles, that might work!

I just searched forever and finally found it! http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Lace-Trace-Pets/dp/B000O7ISY4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1282872883&sr=1-1