It is dangerous and Luke is always wanting to pull on the heavy rack,
which by the way is basically just leaning up against the wall.
Right now we just have to push our coffee table up against it to cover it up
so Luke can't get to it.
Well we pulled it apart and THAT ugly thing is connected to a gas pipe that is sticking up out of the ground. So...we have to get a new idea. We've thought of just boarding it up...but doing something on the outside so it still looks nice, since it is in our living room.
Any help would be very much appreciated!!
HELP!
3 comments:
Here's my first thought- Dave and I have been watching all kinds of home remodeling shows and we learned that with a good primer you can actually paint over surfaces like tile and marble... so... if you don't like the marble around the edge you could paint it maybe a brown or black and then you could find a groovy black fire gate somewhere. My sister found one that she has in front of her fire place at like DI or somewhere really cheap and it's actually really cute. That way, the fire place wouldn't look so dated- however; I don't really know how that helps you solve the problem with Luke- that's a tough one...I'll keep thinking!
OH, and one more thing... if you did decide just to board it up you could maybe just place a small piece of furniture in front of it to cover it up... just an idea!
Okay I've been thinking about this and I don't have a great breakthrough yet. But if you put up a board to block it like you were saying, you could paint it, put on hooks and hang up Luke's toys with little bags. Okay I'll keep thinking, not sure if that's good now that I wrote it.
Post a Comment