Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Eight Months of Monkey Business


This past weekend was Free Museum Day for all the Smithsonian affiliated museums in the nation. So we took advantage and headed over to the Famous Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame Museum in downtown Cleveland. It was very interesting, and pretty fun. Neither of us are huge rockers but there is some pretty awesome stuff inside. They wouldn't let you take any pics inside, bummer. Some awesome things we saw were:
  • Elvis Presley Everything (I love Elvis)
  • Micheal Jackson's clothes from Thriller & his glove
  • Tons of Beatles stuff
  • John Lennon's Piano
  • Johnny Cash Memorabilia
These were just my little highlights.
Oh and the pic above is Matt and Luke in front of downtown but most
importantly Johnny Cash's Bus.

It's right on Lake Erie and it's a pretty interesting building.


Behind Matt is The Science Museum, also another awesome museum right next door.

The Next Item of Business is Monkey Business!

Luke has graduated month 7 & is on to month EIGHT.
I can hardly believe it!
(I know I say that about every month)

Well he is just getting smarter and smarter every day.
Here are some of his favorite "No-no's"
1. Climbing into the basket, or on it or pulling it on top of him self.
After getting hurt a few times, you'd think he'd learn...

2. These bad boys are a hot item among the 8 monthers.
Luke will do anything & everything to get them.
He'll stop eating, he'll stop crying, he'll try
and climb onto the couch just to get them.
Look of determination.
Look of frustration.
(Because mommy won't let him get them)

3. A new binki is in town.

I don't know why, but this puzzle piece is just so much better than the real thing.

4. The obsession of cords.
Another thing, he will do anything to get a cord or plug.
Unfortunately, I have to block him into the family room where the rug is to eliminate bumps from falling on the hardwood floor, electrocution from trying to pull cords out of the wall (jk, this one has never happened) and just to keep him out of everything else in the house.
Sometimes he successfully escapes and gets what he wants, but not long before we catch him.

P.S.
We just wanted to send out a BIG THANKS to two of our friends.
The Nutters for coming all the way down (2 1/2 hours) to Columbus to watch Luke while we went to the temple.
And to the Kienes for watching him last Friday night while we went on a much needed date to Red Robin (yumm) & Eagle Eye (such a goooood movie!!!!!)

THANK YOU!!!

We have such good friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Everytime I see what he's doing I'm like no way. No way is Lydia going to be doing that stuff in a month, she's not old enough. However, I also need a remedy for our stairs, cause she's getting too mobile.