Luke has been getting easily frustrated lately. We recently watched a Blues Clues episode that was about how to handle your anger and frustration. The method is Stop. Breathe, and think.
And it is so cute to watch him actually do it and it seems to work quite well.
Well, I am learning a lot from him (and Blue). I have been super awesome this whole first year of residency. Not to be a brag, but I feel like I have done a really good job at keeping busy and not letting my husband's busy schedule get us down. No major meltdowns for the year, no problems. It really has been a great year.
Now that we've completed the first year, I feel like it's time for me to let it all out.
(It feels good too).
It has been over a year and a half since we have been home. Thankfully, Matt's family came for Thanksgiving, and my parents have visited twice. I just miss my family and especially hanging out with my sisters. I wish my kids knew their cousins and could play with them. I miss the family parties, trips and reunions.
Isn't it sad that I see pictures of all of my wild neices and nephews running around and playing. And it takes me a few minutes to figure out who's who, because it's been so long since I've seen them?
We've been planning for months to take a trip (finally) to visit Dave, Meg, McKelle and our new nephew Scottie for this weekend. Only to find out (today) that we can't because Matt is on "back up call." We really needed to get away and see some family!
I wish Devin would sleep through the night, I love the little guy but man, not having a full night of sleep in 10 months is starting to catch up with me.
On the bright side, we are planning (a very, very, much needed) trip home to Utah in the fall. Matt is trying really hard to switch with someone and make our trip still work (but I'm not holding my breath) Devin will eventually sleep through the night (maybe I'm extra grumpy, since he woke up at 5am this morning). And hopefully someday we'll live closer to our family.
Sorry to bore, and thanks for listening.
5 comments:
Oh man, I'm so sorry. I hope your trip in the fall works out. I totally understand the cousin thing and missing out on family things. I'm so sorry. I hope your day gets better.
Love ya.
Oh man Mary! I am totally missing you too! I haven't had the exact situation, but it's not as easy as I thought to move home either. I'm sure things will smooth out, and it's probably because we're homeless, but some days I really wish for my family of friends that I had when I didn't live here. From the look of your posts you have a great ward and network to spend you time with. That's something I really want back.
I am grateful for family, but they are just a busy bunch and I don't see them like I thought I would, ya know?
You need to get back in time for our next reunion, so let me know now when you will be around next year :)
Love ya!
Sorry Mary! We totally missed you and your boys last week. McKay kept asking about "Wuke" and baby Devin. The doctor life is rough, especially on the family (I only know the daughter point of view, not the wife's). I hope everything works out for you to make it to Utah this fall. I wish we all lived closer so our kids could play with their cousins. One day. . . .
Sorry to hear that Mary! Maybe working this far in advance will boost Matt's chances of getting some time off in the fall.
I agree...I think you have handled this last year like a champ! You are so great at just making things work and having fun.
Oh, how I miss Cleveland and wish I could do all of the fun things you are posting about. I can't even think about Maddie's birthday yet because when I go over the guest list, it just feels wrong not to include Luke, Emmet, and Aurora.
But, we are getting settled and starting to meet people. Off to a good start!
Post a Comment