Matt started residency almost two weeks ago. Luckily he has two weeks of orientation, so it's been pretty predictable, easy hours. This week though, he starts the long rotation of night float, that will last most of the summer. We really enjoyed having him around for a month and a half, but I know he is happy when he is busy working (finally earning money!!!) and doing something he really enjoys.
Luke and I try to stay busy and enjoy the summer sun.
We've made several trips to the city pool, two trips to the beach, shopping, play-doh, watercolors, markers, bubbles, bike rides (him, not me), and lots of helping mommy. To top off all of the fun, we were lucky enough to have our good friends visit us for a few days. It was so much fun and nice to have some company!
Me and Luke at Huntington Beach (on Lake Erie for anyone who wonders what we call "beach").
Lake Erie is MASSIVE. It's hard to remember that it is a lake, because it is so big and there are decent sized waves. But the 4 feet of moss and crap you have to get through to actually get to the water is a quick reminder that we're not at the ocean!
It's not the most beautiful beach you've seen, but I thought it's fun how off in the distance you can see the skyline.
We also started (yet again) Potty Training!
Luke was doing awesome until we went on vacation and then moved...it threw it all off.
He has filled 7 squares on his potty chart, only 1 more and he gets a toy.
He's great at going number 2, but number 1 will be tricky....boys are hard. Any good tips?
So then Bryce, Maddy and Britton came into town for four days and we had a BLAST!
Unfortunately, I have not been into much picture taking lately (weird for me, I know), so I only have a few pictures from our adventures. Maddy got a bunch more that I am excited to see.
In a nutshell we...played and played, went to Kirtland, watched movies, had a bbq, went to a kiddie amusement park, went to the beach, the drive-in, went to some awesome garage sales, watched soccer, ate good food, talked, the guys made some house repairs, chased little boys, continued potty training for both boys.
Friday morning Matt had the morning off so he was able to come with us to the Memphis Kiddie Amusement Park, that was right by his work. It's only for kids under 50 inches. It was pretty hilarious watching some of the kids being forced onto rides. Our boys had SO much fun and so did we! We will definitely be going back regularly.
Even though Matt placed Luke on a girl horse, Luke loved it. He waved every time he passed me.
Britton is only 6 weeks older than Luke. This trip was so fun, they were such good little buddies.
For those of you who don't know, Bryce and Matt have been best friends since high school and Bryce is currently in med school down in Virginia. We were so happy they could come and visit us and be our very first visitors to our new house!
This ride was the best. It was so funny to see all these little white-knuckled fingers gripping the cages as they went around on this mini ferris wheel. Luke would squeal "wahooo, hi dad!"
Right before Matt left, he went on the little roller coaster with Luke...he was excited at first...
But after the first turn...well, I've never seen such a terrified little face on him before.
Matt had to hold his head from being flung around for the rest of the ride. It was pretty funny.
I know this picture is terrible, but it's the only one I got as the ride was slowing down.
You get the idea. Haha.
You get the idea. Haha.
But that didn't stop him. They still went on the rest of the rides.
After Matt split, we drove down to the beach. It was probably the worst beach I've seen in Cleveland, so sorry Egberts! We didn't stay too long, and I think the boys still had fun playing in the sand.
We had our own, very first bbq ever in Cleveland. We got this grill from some friends that were moving out and cooked us up some yummy steaks and potatoes! Ahh they were so good.
Luke and Britton loved playing outside together. Britton is much bigger and has much stronger legs than Luke, so he would peddle and Luke would jump on for the ride. It's so fun to watch our boys grow and play together!
They had so much fun chasing each other in circles, catching fireflies, watching the rabbits run across the lawn and squeezing in the bubble car together (even though we have two of them).
They are so cute.
Luke misses you Britton.
Thanks you guys for coming. I hope you can come again, we had a blast with you!









No comments:
Post a Comment