Thursday, July 1, 2010

My little knight in shining armor

Now that Matt has started the real part of residency (easy-going orientation is over. sniff, sniff), I have a new little man in my life. We decided to finally give the boy a hair cut and he's like a new person. Matt gave him a good talking to and he is now the newest protector of our home.
 Seriously though, he has been so much happier, obedient and nice this past week then he has been in weeks. I think it's because we are finally getting into a consistent routine. 
Luke got eight stickers on his potty chart and every time he earns eight of them he gets a toy. The first toy he chose from the pile was a sword.

After giving him the sword I regretted my purchase, because of the numerous whips across my legs and blows to my head. He's gaining better control of it and is improving on his fencing skills.

The past few days have been wonderful 70 degree days. Before the heat and humidity returns, we've been taking advantage of parks and being outside. 

Allow me to introduce Sir Luke.
Yes, that's his sword. This was his idea.
He also took this picture himself.





Boys are so fun. This boy is definitely all boy through and through.











 He also found his new favorite "room" in the house. Our tiny entry way. 
After I got off the phone today I couldn't find Luke.
I thought this was so cute. 
He had his favorite Pixar books, favorite puzzle, sword, blue blankey, milk and his half eaten sandwich (on his spider-man plate).

Garage sale season is at it's peak and we have been scoring left and right the past few weeks.
We got this super fun swing for Luke a few weeks ago for $5. We put it up in our tree today and spent a lot of time out there.  
Just ignore our over-grown backyard. That's a next summer's project
.
It's so fun.
He's my little buddy.

6 comments:

Maddy said...

his new haircut makes him look so much older. he's such a cutie. i'm happy that he's been a good boy for you, and maybe it'll stick since the baby is coming soon!

Maddy said...

oh, and i also think your entryway was britton's favorite part about your house too :)

Kellie said...

Those are the cutest pictures! I love the one with the grumpy face and sword swinging;)

Shawny said...

Love him in the entry way. Too cute!

Janelle said...

We don't have an enclosed entryway, but whenever we visit Summer (used to visit) or Kellie, Julie loves playing in their enclosed entries. I love that he stocked up his little bunker with everything he needed.

I love the picture of you and Luke. Your freckles look fabulous! The Summer sun is being good to you. :)

Ry and Kris Jones said...

Mary, he looks JUST like you!!