We are so blessed to be living comfortably in our new house that we love! The longer we are here the more and more we love it and are so thankful for the little things, that normally people might not even think of. So, I just wanted to make a little list.
- Outlets in the bathroom. Seriously. Our old apt didn't have any, I had to do my hair/makeup in the hallway for over three years. I kept all my hair stuff in the hall closet. It was fine, but it's so nice to be able to do my hair and makeup in our bathroom!
- A built-in dishwasher, right next to the sink. Our first year of marriage we didn't have a dishwasher, but after Luke was born I knew it was impossible for me to be doing all the dishes by hand, so we got a portable one, or whatever. It was so nice to have, but we had to walk across the kitchen to load it and then wheel it over to our sink to run it. It's also really nice to be able to run the kitchen sink while the dishwasher is running.
- Three-pronged outlets! Or whatever you call them, ya know, the ones that have the grounded, third plug in them. Everyone who has never been to Cleveland is probably thinking that there is no such thing as only a two-prong outlet (unless that's common in other countries-which I have yet to travel to). Well we've always had to use adapters and while it's not very safe, it's also again city code, but what are we supposed to do? Anyway, Matt and Bryce (thank you) just installed a bunch in our house.
- Carpet. While I love hardwood, because it's pretty and sanitary, I have really missed carpet. It's only in three places in our house, but it is just SO nice to have a place for my feet to get some relief. These hardwood floors are beating up my poor feet.
- A big cabinet/mirror in the bathroom. Again, our apt had a tiny, grungy, old, rusty, mirror that was disgusting and squeaked so loud when you opened it. I didn't dare keep anything in it for two years, it just was ancient. They ripped out the ugly old one, that all these old houses have, and installed a much bigger one with a lot of storage space. I just love it.
- Access to the front/side door and working door bells. Again, the old place, only our front doorbell worked, but it was always such a pain to have people come by because they almost always had to get through our neighbors to reach us. We'd hear old Ethel yell "Mista Claak!!!" (she eventually started saying our first names) and we'd have to hustle down the stairs to find someone waiting outside, because she wouldn't let them in, she'd only yell at them through the window.
- A backyard and garage that isn't full of dangerous junk. The old couple that we shared our house with before had lived there for like 7 years when we moved in, they also lived during the Depression and collected everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. (I once found an old jewelry box that my friend gave me when we were in the 3rd grade, that was a wooden box with bubbly, girly stickers all over it that I had finally thrown out (aren't I a good friend? jk) in our neighbors side of the garage and it was all dirty, because it had been sitting the garbage, but they had pulled it out and kept it). We always had to watch Luke like a hawk so he wouldn't drink some kind of car fluid or get into dangerous tools, or old garbage that was piled up in the backyard.
These are just a few of the little things I love about our new house.
No comments:
Post a Comment