Sunday, July 4, 2010

More catching up, Amish Country

Matt's parents flew in for a few days for Matt's graduation. We had so much fun having them visit. We went shopping, ate yummy food, took a day trip to Amish Country and spent the rest of the time with graduation festivities.

Here are some of our pictures from beautiful Amish County in Holmes County, Ohio. And we were surprised to learn that it is the biggest Amish Country in the U.S.


We went to a little flee market where all of these buggies were lined up and some were full of children. They were so cute.
Breaking the rules, but I had to get this cute picture.

We ate lunch at a yummy Amish restaurant.
Luke LOVES his "dama and dampa(s)."

We also went and toured an Amish house (a very old one and a modern one), an Amish barn, an Amish school and went for a ride in a buggy with a very friendly, old, Amish man.





The school was very cute and interesting.
Notice the scripture written on the whiteboard?









At the Amish place we toured there was a fun playground that Luke played on with his grandma and grandpa and I got this funny picture.

Thanks again to Anne and Rob for visiting. Please come again soon!
We love and miss you guys!

5 comments:

Maddy said...

that last picture of luke is awesome! :) and he could totally pull off the amish hat look.

Janelle said...

We went out to Middleburg (I think?) over Memorial Day weekend, to the small Amish community there. One of the funniest things I have ever seen was watching one Amish horse and buggy pass another one on the road out there.

Unknown said...

How cool. I hope you're doing some fun, different things when mom & dad come. Unless you like sloppy seconds I suppose ;) But it does look really interesting. The car & buggy pics are funny.
Luke looks so old. I can't believe you're doing so much traveling and potty training, is that impeding it at all? I wish Lyd was ready, but she's really not.

Andrea said...

You got some great pictures!! I love the one of the little guy in the carriage. What a cool place to visit.

Ry and Kris Jones said...

I just got a newer version of photoshop. I need your help! Let's get together sometime so you can show what the heck to do! Your pics look awesome.