This past week we took a little trip out to the country side of Ohio to our favorite farm, Monroe Orchards, in Hiram, Ohio. It's right next door to probably my favorite church site, the John Johnson Farm. I absolutely LOVE it out there, all times of the year it is just beautiful! It's definitely worth the 30 minute drive.
Since we've lived here we've made a tradition out of picking fruits during the summer months. We love to pick strawberries, raspberries, peaches and apples. We're going to try blueberries this year too. They are so much better than the store. Anyway, we picked 20 something pounds of strawberries this year! Mainly because I wanted a plentiful supply of jam to last us until next year.
It was a breezy day in the 70's. It was so nice! And I say the picking is addicting!
Maybe not so much for Luke.
But he was a good sport.
We had (and still do) a ton of strawberries!
And now we have about 20 cups of freezer jam. Shesh.
In this next segment, I can't say it's one of my proudest moments in mothering...but since we're living in Ohio, I guess he'll fit in somewhere. Maybe in Amish Country?
In one of my last posts I mentioned that we were growing Luke's hair out. I decided to try trimming it. Apparently I REALLY need some hair cutting help.
His hair is so long and I was just using the scissors....well, you get the picture. Poor kid.
It's not too bad, but it's pretty embarrassing on my part. I hope no one noticed that we brought a little Amish boy to church today. At least he didn't have a mullet that hung over his collar.
It's going to be one of those pictures he looks back on and wonders what his mother did to him. Like our mullet or bowl cuts when we were growing up.
And for those of you who haven't heard the World Cup started this past Friday. It only comes around every four years, so it's a pretty big deal around here.
We only have TV set up in our kitchen right now...so this is how we spent our Saturday afternoon while England and US played. Notice Matt is wearing an England jersey...trader. :)
Just as a side note, I have some major blogging catch up to do from our trip to Williamsburg, that happened back at the beginning of May and of when Matt's parents came out to visit us. Matt put all of our pictures on our hard drive and cleared them off his computer temporarily-so I need to get them back and catch up.
Stay tuned.
Also, pictures soon to come of our house. I feel like we're now in the "final stages" of unpacking (are we taking a ridiculously long time?). We are hanging pictures, decorations and finishing up organizing. Hopefully we'll have it all squared away very soon!

2 comments:
I cut Aurora's hair a little funny back a couple months ago. I was just trying to trim the sides but still allow it to grow. It didn't look so hot to say the least, lol! I am sure Luke's hair will grow out soon. At least, it isn't his first day of school!
yum that jam looks good.
Luke is cute no matter what.
I heart your dining? chairs...very VERY cute.
Post a Comment