Why do we forget so quickly what it's like to be pregnant?
When I wasn't pregnant I thought, "I loved being pregnant, it's so fun."
It is so NOT fun.
It is so NOT fun.
But it's what we do.
And, I'll do it again.
And again.
I still have 12 weeks to go, but I'm ready to be done today.
I shouldn't complain because my pregnancies are not as bad as a lot of women I know.
The first trimester is full of fatigue, nausea and hunger pains that can't be satisfied.
The second is wonderful. I'm hungry, I eat, feel good, have energy, start to get a small and exciting little bump and find out the gender.
Then comes the third. For me, it's full of massive heartburn that keeps me up all night and is like breathing fire all day. If you haven't tried Tums Smoothies, the work pretty well and aren't completely disgusting. Then comes the back pain, squished sciatic nerve pain, sore hips and tail bone. My feet are swelling more and more each day. I feel feet in my ribs and punches in my hips. Braxton Hicks contractions on and off all day. Shortness of breath. My energy is gone midday and I'm ready to nap-even though Luke is over the napping phase.
And luckily for me, I have the flu!
Thankfully Matt should get off early today and Luke loves to watch movies.
But, I'm STARVING!
Ahh, motherhood.
8 comments:
Oh sweetie, it only gets better. I mean once that little guy is out instead of heartburn all night it's nursing, crying, diapers plus - PLUS you have another little person you're supposed to take care of when it's hard enough to take care of the baby. Oh and lets not forget Matt and someone else... oh yeah, you! Oh to be in your shoes.
Okay I admit it was only that hard with Ollie. Hopefully your newborn will be as nice as Lyd was, then it really will be better than pregnancy. If not, enjoy this crapy time as much as possible. Sorry I can't be there to help somehow.
oh mary, this should be sent to all high schools as the best form of birth control :) good luck. can't wait to see you!
I feel your pain, completely. I'm extremely nausiated all day, dead tired by 10 a.m. and to top it all off I've had a sinus infection for like 10 days now... and can I take the right antibiotics that would quickly clear it up... nope. Life is rough. I'm still trying to figure out how to be happy through all of this, ha ha.
Ugh, the "joys" of pregnancy have never been there for me either. Blah. I'm so sorry! I just remind myself constantly that it really is worth that little babe that you get after all of it! The tums smoothies are great. I lived on them with Joce. Get feeling better! Take rests when you can!
If it makes you feel any better, my ankles are swelling this week (for some random reason) and I'm not pregnant. And you still look better than I do.
Seriously, though, who knew 12 weeks could seem so long??
I'm kind of scared for what will happen with my next. You are still so young and I'm an aged 35! I hope these last 12 weeks fly by!
I think God makes women forget just exactly how it feels to be pregnant or we would only be pregnant once!
It is so tough sometimes! Just keep reminding yourself of what you are doing, making a little sweet baby you will love so much!
...and in not too much longer either! I remember not loving pregnancy either. It just makes you feel so bloated and gross sometimes, but everyone else only sees how cute you are. :( I hope you feel better!
Post a Comment