We're still alive.
I guess you could say we are in the "survival mode" of moving....we have only done it once before (well, I have) when I moved out here after we got married to join Matt. It was easy then, we shipped all of our stuff and it was sent to our house and it was not nearly as much as we have now. If I haven't already said it, I hate moving!!! In our next move we are getting rid of all of our hand-me-down/tree lawn stuff-which is most of what we own. :)
We have been here for a week and half and still love having our own place. We cleaned the carpets, repainted our dinning room and living room. Now I feel like we can get everything into place, since those big projects are done. We also had to hang some curtains and they were a huge project of running from store to store a million times to get it just right.
Our Realtor gave us this framed watercolor painting of our house as a house warming gift (and two free tickets to a horrible play that we walked out of).
And here are a few pictures of some of the rooms right after we moved in. My sister asked me for some pictures...and these are as good as they get for now. :)
It was a disaster!
Trust me, it has gotten a lot better than this. But doesn't this overwhelm you just by looking at the pictures? Whew.
Meanwhile, Luke has been surviving. I try to take him on a walk, to the park or library-some kind of outing a day. He's been a good little guy through the move, but it hasn't been easy on him. I think he's starting to get used to everything now.
Luke loves his food in stick form. Matt served his lunch this way the other day, he loved it!
Hot dog sticks, carrot sticks, cheese sticks and apple sticks. Whatever works!
Now that we are getting things put away, our house seems more like it's empty! I knew this would happen.
I took this picture today before we started painting. We repainted the dinning room from a putrid, mustard yellow color to an olivey green color and the living room to a tan color.
So the break that I mentioned was Memorial Day. There is parade that comes right by our street, so we sat on a friend's lawn to watch and get some candy. It was hot and humid. Luke kept asking if we could go inside. It was only an hour, so it was fun I thought.
One float gave out water instead of candy....I had to take a picture.
As soon as we get everything else into order around here I will post some more decent pictures of our house.
Tonight we're taking a break, watching Wipe Out (because are feel that way), in our kitchen. I think I'd rather be on the couch. :)


3 comments:
Moving is the pits, especially with a kiddo, but it looks like you've gotten a lot done already!! I can't wait to see it.
The house is coming along Mary! I'm seeing major decorator cuteness on the rise. Can't wait to see the finished product. Don't you just feel like you are back and forth at the stores trying to get all those little things for the house? I remember those days--lots of buying and returning!
can't wait to see it all finished (as are you i am SURE!!!). i think that picture of your house is fun! now you can ALWAYS remember your very first home you owned :)
Post a Comment