We are officially homeowners!
Tonight is our last night sleeping in our apartment, but the only stuff left is all of our furniture-everything else is at our new house. Tomorrow morning the Elders are helping us move all of our furniture, so we'll be out of our apartment for good.
Wednesday evening we got our keys and started some cleaning. Thursday our friends let our us borrow their truck for the day. Matt made a million trips back and forth, while I cleaned. Thankfully Luke was able to play at a friends house for quite a few hours and we amazingly were able to get a lot of things done (funny how that works). And today we made a few more trips, and wrapped things up around here. It is EXHAUSTING!
Last year my sister was about as pregnant as I am and told me how awful it is to move while being pregnant and now I completely understand! I almost feel pathetic because I am constantly taking breaks and I don't think my feet have ever hurt so badly! At the beginning of all this madness I was starting to feel sorry for us because we don't have family to help out, but Matt has been amazing! I don't know how he has all the energy to move seriously everything in our entire house. And on top of that we have a wonderful ward. So many people have called and offered to watch Luke, help us move and bring us dinner. I am so thankful to be in such a great ward, they really take care of us! We couldn't do it without the church.
I'll post some more recent pictures at some point. We have a ton of cleaning and unpacking ahead of us. Matt is off for the next three weeks and he wants to put a fence in before he starts residency too. Whew!
We love our new place!
Ps. We have a very comfortable guest bed!
Visitors anyone???
10 comments:
Yeah! The day has finally come, how exciting! Jason and I want to help out tomorrow!
Yay! Congratulations! I would love to have a fence put in, especially one that closes off the driveway. I'd leave it open most of the time, but it would be nice to be able to let Julie run around and play in the backyard while I make dinner/clean/whatever.
SOO EXCITING!! Your house is beautiful!
I'm glad you are moved in! Let us know if we can help out, we are neighbors you know! :)
Your house is REALLY cute, I bet you are going to have so much fun there!
WOW such big milestones!! Maybe some day I will get there! lots of sacrifices before though.. right? well I love your blog and I am so happy for you!! ps moving while pregnant is the worst! You want to help with everything but take it easy! maybe you will get the nesting done while moving =) good luck and congrats!
awesome! I have a few weeks off before summer school starts- so please let me know if I can help in anyway- clean, watch Luke, bring lunch...seriously! Take me up on my offer :)
Holy cow, congrats! It sounds like the perfect place for your soon to be family of four. And believe me if Jeff didn't start rotations in July (with the big three first), I'm sure we'd come on out!
so dang cute. excited for you guys!
I am seriously in LOVE with your house! I am sorry you had do to all the cleaning with not too much help. Moving does suck! I hope we will be buying a house in a few years. I love reading your blog!
i'm so excited to see you guys!!
Post a Comment