Monday, May 17, 2010

Introducing Dr. Matthew Brent Clark, M.D.


Sunday, May 16th, 2010 Matt graduated from medical school!
We waited so long for this day and it turned out beautifully, and really we can't believe it came and went already.
The day started before 7am. We had breakfast with the Deans of the medical school.
Class of 2010 pictures.
And then Anne and I went to the convocation where Katie Couric was the guest speaker and gave some great advice to the graduating students at Case.





Then we hurried down the street to Severance Hall where they had the medical school's commencement. 
Severance is where the Cleveland Orchestra plays. It is such a beautiful building! A HUGE thank you to Rob for watching Luke (for a few hours!) while Anne and I were at the other event (we could only get two tickets) and for saving us some great seats at Severance.

Dr. Matthew Clark receiving his diploma and being hooded by his society dean Dr. Kent Smith





Luke slept through the entire commencement, so he wasn't very happy after when we were taking pictures.

And there is my 23rd week pregnant belly.
Anne and Rob flew into town for the weekend. We had such a great time having them stay with us! We LOVE visitors! :) We did some fun things that I will post later. 
We loved having them. I think they really enjoyed their stay as well.


The proud parents.
Dr. Clark hooding the newest Dr. Clark.
Matt is the first grandson in his family to be a doctor. His grandpa Clark and dad were/are both Family Practice doctors, both doing a lot of Obstetrics and Gynecology. However, Matt is the very first doctor in my family, so my family is very proud of him as well!


Matt's graduating class (about 133 students).
Can you find him?

And little Lukey, maybe he'll want to be a doctor too?
He kept calling Matt "doctor daddy."

Matt, I am so proud of you and all of your hard work over the years. You have accomplished so many things and I am so grateful for your ambition and your desire to work hard and help people. You will make a great doctor! Congratulations sweetie pie!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!! Can I still ask you medical questions now that you're a Doctor and not a student? Well, I guess it's onto the next phase. Good luck in that, You're awesome!

Janelle said...

So, when Luke has Matt's hat one in the picture where he's standing between you two, it almost looks pirate-ish, but in the last one, it looks like a french painter's hat, not quite a beret, but a little fancier.

Brad said...

Congrats Matt!

Jenny & Brandon said...

Congratulations Matt! What an amazing accomplishment. It's nice to see not all of the guys in our family are computer nerds!:)

Maddy said...

YAY!!! It's bitter sweet. I like being in med school, but making money instead of getting loans sounds great too... i guess :)

Congrats to both of you!