This week is Matt's last full week off before residency begins...before real life begins (sniff, sniff). We decided to do some fun things and not just all house stuff, which is what we've been doing all day, everyday the past two weeks.
We took little Lukey to the Natural History Museum here in Cleveland on free day. It was fun, but a little above his level. He liked to see all the animals, even though he's not a huge fan of animals-he's a little scared of them.
He really liked the dinosaurs.
They have a cute, little outdoor walk way where they have (live) animals that are native to Ohio. We saw some foxes, squirrels, vultures (yikes), otters (who'd a thunk?), bald eagles, beautiful birds (namely cardinals and blue jays) and a few others.
Now this is just random.
We've been growing Luke's hair out for a while now and it's getting really long. I love how it gets curly after we give him a bath, but it only stays curly if I make it. It usually just goes flat. It's super cute huh? But if he wears a shirt with a collar, he looks like he has a mullet, due to his bigger forehead :). Should we cut it or let it grow and maybe just give him a trim?
Back to the fun, today we went to the zoo (another free day). The weather couldn't have been better. It was upper 60's, no humidity-perfect! We packed lunches and saw the animals.
We just got our pool passes so we'll be living at the pool this summer as well. I'm trying to come up with several outings for Luke (pool, zoo, park days, museums, etc) and to help the time go by during this long summer. Matt will be working night float until the end of August, so we won't see him much and with me being very pregnant, with a two year old-well, you can see why I need things to pass the time.
We're going to hit up the strawberry patch this week and pick us some strawberries and then make some yummy jam. We might also go to an Indians game. Any other good ideas for fun activities we can do this week?


3 comments:
I say just trim up the sides and enjoy the hair. Also, I love that Luke is still wearing that Nike outfit that my mom gave to the boys. McKay's fits him still too. :) Good luck Mary filling your time. It's hard being pregnant with a toddler. They need so much attention and activity and the momma is tired! We've gotten into water coloring around here. It's McKay's new favorite. Also, tomorrow I'm going to try chocolate pudding finger painting. I'll let you know how it goes.
I've tried time and time again to grow out Jonah's hair and it always gets to that inbetween length then Steve can't take it anymore. But I guess I've always loved the nice clean look of a fresh haircut on boys (and men).
I can't beleive you're under 100 days! It'll be here before you know it and then you'll really be busy AND tired :) I'll say the same as other people always tell me, enjoy these days of baby and toddlerhood. It doesn't last long (unless you're in the moment).
i think the long hair is cute! maybe just trim on the sides around his ears, but I like it besides that! good luck keeping busy. we'll be there pretty soon too!
Post a Comment