Wowsers!!!! I have the coolest friends ever.
They wanted to do a birthday party/NYE party this year (I can't remember the last time we had an actual party on my birthday). We decided to have it at my house and Matt and I wanted to do a fondue theme (inspired by his family tradition and the triple slow cooker my mom got us).
Matt had the morning off on my bday. We cleaned our house like fools and went shopping at Costco (wooo!). Got lots of food for the party! Matt took off for his afternoon clinic, I did some random cleaning, painted my nails and a little shopping. It wasn't a bad day. :)
Then about 45 minutes before the party began my friend Kassie showed up to decorate....and that girl sure has a the touch! She made it look like this in no time!!
We had a pizza fondue, a cheesey/salsa fondue and of course, chocolate fondue. It was delicious!!!
She even got us all these cute party hats and made me a special one. :)
My friend Bekah made a dream come true for me that night. She bought me a Cake Boss cake!!!!
And you just can't imagine how good it tasted. It was amazing.
Kassie and Allan.
I wish I would have taken better pictures of my guests!
I wanted to invite more people, but we were having so many of them putting their kids to sleep at our house, and the rooms filled up quickly. A few friends couldn't come, because of sick kids and they sure were missed!
Matt, Toby (on the floor), Joe and Bekah.
The Collette kiddies who stayed up till midnight with us!
We were so busy playing games and chatting that we almost missed midnight! I randomly looked at my phone and it said 11:59!!! So we all ran into the kitchen to watch the ball drop. We barely made it by like 8 seconds. Cathy brought some fun little confetti things.
The Collettes!
And I um love this picture because....well, I'm not sure what the heck Bekah and Joe are doing. They are hilarious.
Yes, I realized I look totally fat in all of these pictures...but trust me, it's just a bad angle! And did you know that 3 of the 5 of us girls were professional models (obviously not me!)...so it's just not fair.
Oh and I'm pregnant. :)
My instagram pics...
I really have such amazing friends and I feel so blessed! Kassie prepared this fun Jeopardy game and there was a column titled, "There's something about Mary." She had contacted Matt a few days earlier to ask him some questions about me. Surprisingly, my friends knew most of the answers. I was impressed! Then she read a cute paragraph of something super sweet that Matt had said about me. She even started to tear up while reading it (she's really tender :). It was really sweet. She had to leave early because Jane woke up, I was sad she wasn't in our pictures!
Matt spoiled me yet again. He bought me these workout clothes that I've wanted for a while now. They are super cozy and I love them! And yes, I'm sucking it in.
He got me some Amazon gift cards and maternity clothes cards.
And speakers! Sounds totally nerdy, and more of a gift he bought himself, but actually, I really wanted them. It fits perfectly up on our cabinets in our kitchen and it's wireless!!! It has Bluetooth, so it wirelessly connects to our iPhones, or iPad or whatever. It's sweet! It has a little remote too, so I don't have to get the stool out to reach up there (like our old ones).
I don't normally take photos of every gift I get, but I had taken them for Matt (he was on call the next day), so he wanted to see them. I figured I'd post them anyway.
I felt a lot of love in cards, gifts from my parents and in-laws, texts, phone calls, facebook messages and more! I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful, loving and thoughtful people!
I'm also thankful that my birthday is on New Year's Eve, because people are partying everywhere, and I love it!
A big THANK YOU to my wonderful husband Matt, my two sweet boys (Dev kept telling me Happy Birfday all day), and to my wonderful friends and family!





























3 comments:
You have the greatest friends! What a beautiful set up with such yummy food. You deserve it! Happy Birthday!
PS-Your house is so pretty and perfect for hosting a party!
Looks fancy and fun! Jason has been watching Downton Abbey with me. We finished the first season together this week so we can get him caught up to watch season 3 together. He isn't really fessing up to it but I think he is enjoying it. :) Is Matt up to date on all the episodes?
Post a Comment