Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Much to blog about...December, Part 1

More random photos from my phone....

Devin and his excitement when Daddy gets home.
I can't tell you how good it feels to see this every day...or how good it sounds to hear the backdoor open when Matt gets home from work! I'm so thankful for a hard working husband, but even more thankful that he returns home safely each day and is excited to see us!

Devin turns into a puppy on a daily basis.
And is currently obsessed with blocks. 
 We think he'll be our little family comedian. He is quite the funny boy.
 Last year a few of my close friends started this fun little tradition. We spend a morning together and just make Christmas goodies! It's so fun to chat and cook together and then split up the goods at the end of the morning. We have always made these yummy chocolates that are my favorite! (Pictured are the fillings).
 Luke and his matchy-matching of grey colors....boys.
 Often Luke and I cook/bake together in the afternoon while Devin naps. I have a cookie press that I never used (an awesome, new-in-box, garage sale find for $2!). Well, we had lots of fun making these, but the recipe I used was horrible!!! They went straight in the garbage.
 A couple of trips to our ghetto childrens museum...that we love.
The ward Christmas party....which was totally lame (no offense, but everyone thought so), but they did have Santa (who was actually a just-returned missionary in our ward...it was pretty hilarious).

 More crafting....
 Devin seriously spent an hour or longer painting his car. It was so cute. The funny thing is, he kept painting the same parts over and over.

 Check out that intense look on his face.
 Ooo ooo! Another highlight from the month for us was (finally) going to this fun candy shop!! It was in this somewhat of a ghetto warehouse, but it was so much fun for my kiddios (and me!). It's called b.a. sweeties candy co. The only other one in the US is in Phoenix (so Rachel you need to go!). The boys got their own little carts and were in heaven. The candy is pretty cheap and they pretty much have any candy you've ever had in your life. It was so fun to find all the fun little candies we had as kids.



 The reason we went out there was because we wanted to pick up some candy for our gingerbread houses. I think it ended up being a fun little tradition (that we'll do next year...I guess it'll be a 2 year tradition, since next Christmas is our last here!).

It took Devin a few days to discover the toy he got from the candy store was filled with candy....
 I've been meaning to take photos around Cleveland each year, but I never get around to it. Cleveland is an interesting place at Christmas time. I'm sure it's like this in other cities, but it's unusual for us from Utah. Menorahs everywhere and lots of black Santa's...it's just funny. But this is my neighbors house...she's very politically correct and it makes us laugh. Notice the star of David and Menorah in her window and her Christmas decor?

 Our cute gingerbread houses! It's finally starting to be fun to do things like this, because Luke is really into stuff like this and Devin likes to do whatever Luke is doing...so it doesn't end up that I have to do it for them. 



 Mine was probably the neatest, but Matt was the most clever and took him the longest. See his Santa, Christmas tree and Rudolph?


 This is Dev and his little "girl" friends. He hangs out with them the most these days. They are such funny kiddies.
Dev, Jane and Mailee.


And Luke had his Christmas program at preschool. It was very cute. They sang a few Christmas songs and made us cookies. He loves his little class. 

I am now realizing how busy of a month it was!!!  Come back to see the rest!

No comments: