My Oh My!!! This was like a highlight of my year. Yes, MY year. :)
This year we were very lucky to get to go on the Polar Express. The Cuyahoga Rail Road turns into the Polar Express and boy is it a magical night! The tickets are VERY expensive, but thanks to HSSA, we got them for very cheap and even got to ride in the fanciest car they have.
Everyone is invited to wear their jammies. Each child is given a golden ticket (which they punch like a hundred times like on the movie), we have our own cute elfs in our car that tell jokes, and read the Polar Express to the children. The chef comes in and tells about the cookies and hot chocolate. Then we eventually get the North Pole (it's about a 2 hr ride round trip) and the town is all lit up and elfs are everywhere dancing and waving at the train. It is SO cute! Then we pick up Santa and he spends some time with us on our car and hands out bells (just like in the book). Then we sing Christmas carols and have cookies and hot chocolate on our way back. It was SO much fun!!! I would do it again in a heart beat!
Dev was so cute waving to all the elfs...but the Grinch was there and every time he'd see him he'd duck down and say that he was scared.
Yay for a real picture! I regret taking my real camera on the trip with us.
I know these photos are not great quality...but I had to share. If you are here during the holidays, save up your money, because this was definitely worth it!

















2 comments:
That sounds amazing! It almost makes me want to bring my kids out next year. What a great idea maybe I'll start saving now ;)
We might have to come back for the holidays just for the Polar Express! I love Luke's stance in his PJs... "Yeah, I'm in my PjJs getting ready to get on a train. I'M. SO. COOL."
Post a Comment