Sunday, December 30, 2012

Much to blog about...November

Matt and I finally upgraded our phones to smartphones...we are smart now. :) Anyway, I am loving having a somewhat decent camera on my phone, so I don't have to tote around a camera everywhere I go. All of the following pics (on the next post too) are from my iPhone.

After we returned from Chicago (sorry if I already blogged about these first few things), Matt had about 4 days left of vacation (wahoo!). We visited good ole Chuck-e-Cheese. I'm pretty sure Matt loves arcades more than any other (normal) adult that I know.
 One night, one of my super awesome friends came over and watched our boys so we could go see Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. It was a lot of fun! I probably wouldn't see it again, unless I had a little girl to take with me. It was cute though...even if I might have fallen asleep for a tidbit (I can't help myself).
 The following are just random pics....

 The boys almost always hide when Matt walks in the door...notice them both hiding?
 Little Devinator is into puzzles these days. It doesn't seem all that long ago when Luke was his age and was obsessed! I love this age.
 While in Chicago we saw Wreck-it Ralph...So Luke pretended to be Fix-it Felix for days.


 Dev is also into dressing up. He had to go to to store dressed up like a super-hero...even if it looked more like a dress (and Luke's snow boots). :)

 We did many little Christmas crafts (and started early too) and I was surprised at how well Devin was coloring. He was concentrating so hard, and look how well he tried to stay in the lines.

Over the past month, or two really, we spent many-a-hour working on the darn window. These were some first-stage photos. Matt had to pull off all the wet paint and cut out old wall paper (because yes, our house is plastered in wall paper, even the ceilings. The doofs before us and probably before them, painted over it a 100x).
 Thanksgiving baking!!!

 I made our family-famous Chocolate pies, with meringue crusts...mmmm what a hit!

Matt worked a 24 hr shift on Thanksgiving day, so we got invited to join a few people at the church. It was nice to spend the holiday with some people and some darn good food. I was sure thankful for good friends! 

  Dave and Meg made 2 stop-overs on their way to and from Michigan to visit Doug and Katie for Thanksgiving. They stayed with us for a few hours (sad for us!! Oh how we love their visits!).



 We've discovered our little mathematician! Luke is really good with math. He had been saying things to me for weeks like, "Mom, did you know 2+2=4?" So one day I wrote tons of problems down for him and he worked on them for about an hour and only got about 10 wrong). Our little smartie pants. Now he's working on subtraction.

 Just thought this was a funny pic of Dev. Haha

At the end of November, we had our RS Christmas activity. It was a lovely evening in the Chapel, with beautiful scriptures, music and testimonies. Afterwards we led them into the cultural hall and had this lovely little spread ready for them. On their way in that evening, they dropped off their cookies/treats in the kitchen, and while they were in the meeting me and my committee set them up in here. It was quite simple (compared to our last fall dinner), and ended up being a lovely evening!



 I'm silly, but my favorite detail of the party were these boxes. I ordered these a few weeks before. Each person picked up a box and then could go around and fill them with their goodies, from our cookie exchange. 

Up next...my December segment!

No comments: