Monday, April 5, 2010

Home?

This post is mainly for our parents and family, it was just a lot easier to post these pictures instead of sending a million emails with pictures attached.
We've now looked at close to thirty houses and are getting worn out!
It's a fun, exciting, tiring and a stressful process...but mostly exciting. 
 
After looking at all of them we still thought we liked the first one we saw the best (the one on a previous post), but as we were pulling up to the very last one on the list, both our jaws dropped. It was love at first sight-seriously. We love the brick look, but found that most of these lovely, old, charming houses were out of our price range.Then we thought,"well, it's probably not that nice on the inside," but we were wrong. We love it far more than any of the houses we've seen. 
So today, we made an offer. And now we play yet another waiting game...hopefully it turns out well.

Let me warn you that there are a lot of pictures!
And I posted them in the order that we walked through the home, so I hope it makes sense.

The lovely living room. We love the dark wood floors.
And the dining room off to the right.
I'm pretty sure my favorite room in the house is the kitchen with the matching stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops.
I must admit I also like the bonus in the kitchen, the plasma tv, but I'm afraid Luke might like it more.
By the back door is the (very, very small) half bath, but very cute.
Then we have the finished basement, a huge plus for us.
Through the door way is the other half of the basement, not finished with the heater, washer and dryer and all that.
I'm no fan of these scary-looking washer & dryer basements that all these old houses have, but there is plenty of storage space down there & very bright lights.
This is coming up from the basement. To the left is the backdoor and then the half bath ahead, right there are a few more stairs into the kitchen and living room.
The cute front door from the inside.
On the way up the stairs is a cedar closet.
The not-so-pretty bathroom, that I am excited to update at some point. Believe it or not, but it's not nearly as bad as our bathroom. It has two outlets (ours has none), its much bigger (ours is so small your knees hit the tub when you sit on the toilet) and the tile looks a little better (ours is peach and black).
 Gotta love these old houses. This one has a separate tub and shower.


Bedroom 1, would be Luke's room. Off the side is the deck, above the back porch. I love the paint color, the whole house is freshly painted.


The little balcony.
A view of the smaller sized backyard, but enough for us.
 
This picture is just because I wanted a pic of the slate roof.
Bedroom 2, would be the nursery. I love the built in shelves.
Don't love the outlet thing along the wall, but that can be covered by furniture or something.
Love the master bedroom. It's big, love the big windows and double closets!


On to the third floor.
Matt likes it.
Big open stair way, nicely carpeted.

Another huge plus is the finished attic. Its bigger than a lot that we've seen.


On the way down...love the stairs and wood floor.




As we were walking out and as I was admiring the kitchen again, I realize the cool fifth burner on the stove! Sweet.
The backdoor through the dining room.
We love the charming little porch off the back.
There are only three big things we are going to change with this house. 1-fix the hobbit garage. 2-get central air and 3-put in a fence.  It's door frame is so short (Matt is 5"9'), but the inside is like normal.









I love the pathway up to the door.
And the big tree in the front.
Are you in love?
We are.

16 comments:

Maddy said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS HOUSE. I WANT THIS HOUSE FOR MYSELF!!! It is perfect!!! We are totally coming to visit and I'm really hoping everything goes smoothly with the offer. Holy moly, I love, love, love it!!!

Janelle said...

That's really nice. I love that the attic AND The basement are finished -- lucky! The wood floors look like they're in pretty good condition, too. Our bathroom is pretty ghetto -- mint green and maroon, with a super pale lavender on the walls! What street is this on?

Doug and Katie Clark said...

Mary - this house is beautiful! I love all of the warm colors inside and the wood floors. Also I know you could make it look even better with all of your crafty skills. We hope it works out for you!

Bryce and Susie said...

So cute! I love it! and a place to store your wine above the stove. perfect for you. jk. I wish there were houses like that out here. That's a really nice house. I hope you get it!

Emily said...

Looks so Great! I hope it's the one you're supposed to get. If it is, tell us when we're coming up to help you build a fence. Good luck. Call Doug if you have any house/loan questions. He's now an expert.

Kat said...

Can I just say WOW!? That is really nice and so cute. I am so jealous of the kitchen. (Someday Kat, someday)

Shawny said...

Really great house Mary. I actually love the main bath. It's the same color as ours. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but I was able to find the perfect shower curtain in black and white and put in white towels and rugs.

I'm excited for you!

Marilyn said...

It looks beautiful! I hope all goes well with the offer! I am really excited for you guys. I love the large master bedroom and the finished carpeted attic. It's really nice.

Katie Blacker said...

the house is amazing. Im with you on the dark wood floors! and the paint colors? so great. I am so happy for you guys. I hope it is still in our ward?

good luck with closing!

Jaimee said...

Thanks for the blog invite! I love this house. The floors, fireplace, kitchen, built in shelves, all amazing. I hope you guys get it!

Unknown said...

Okay now that you've got it (basically) I'm all the more excited.
I told Steve as soon as I find airfare resonably priced I'm heading out!
By the way - he's impressed with it, which is saying a lot because he usually only likes newer homes. He also said "nice appliances!", also saying something, cause he knows what he's talking about with those.

Andrea said...

It is beautiful!! I really love it! Soo fun to actually be buying a house! The wood floors and kitchen are my favorite!!

Brad said...

Mary I LOVE it! I want that kitchen for myself. I so hope that you guys get it. We really do need to plan a trip to get together this next year while we are still in Milwaukee. I will have Brad get in touch with Matt.
Jana

Ben, Deb and the P-Man said...

Mary your house is AMAZING!!!!!!! Ben and I just looked at all the pics and are so impressed. Every single room is just incredible. I can totally picture you guys living there and us hanging out there too. :) Really, we absolutely love it. We couldn't be happier for you guys (and we love it is still close by)! Please let us know how we can help with the big move!

Ben, Deb and the P-Man said...

P.S. Sweet wine rack above the stove. :)
No, but for real, how cool to have 5 burners! That is awesome. Love, love, love it!

Lindsay Family said...

Wow, this house is absolutely gorgeous!