Saturday, March 27, 2010

Little boys really are sweet

I was recently hanging out with a whole slew of other moms the other day and 6 of us were pregnant and the other 4 had just had a baby in the last four months. The most-pregnant one is having her second and it'll be her first boy. She went on and on about how she doesn't want any boys and wants all girls, because boys turn out to be tyrants and crazy, obnoxious kids...yaddayada. And I can't say that I don't agree with her to some degree, because I am in the Primary and see all those 7 & 8 yr old boys who are rambunctious. 
 However, I think most boys are still sweet, little mama's boys...at least mine is anyway
(he may not be so sweet when he's 8 and driving me nuts)
Here is some proof.

Before I lay Luke down in his bed at night he nearly plows me over, hugging me so tight around the neck.
When Matt tries to give me a hug or kiss, Luke butts in and says, "Hey my hug! My kiss!"
If he can't find me in the house, I hear him saying, "where'd my mommy (or daddy) go?"
My favorite moment was when I was completely exhausted the other day and was I trying to get Luke to take a nap, so I could. He laid down next to me, on the same pillow of course. He looked at me and said out of no where, "I love you mom." 
I have been practicing doing indoor photos with my camera lately, with no flash, using natural lighting and Luke made the perfect little subject (at least for a few minutes).
And yes, I have brick inside my house. Makes for a great background right?

LOVE this boy. 
And, I must say, I won't be that disappointed if I am having another.
Boys are cute and funny little things.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you're indoor photos are fabulous. I do like the brick. Boys are great aren't they?
Yes boys are crazy and wild, but has your friend spent much time around girls that age? Especially when they are in groups? Drama from the start. You get the good with the bad in all kids.
You do make super cute boys, but I would like to see what a girl of yours looks like. As would you I'm sure.

Katie Blacker said...

yay for little boys. I think they are sweet too. At least the ones I know. nice indoor shots!

The Mortensens said...

As a mother of TWO boys, I would NOT want it any other way. They capture a mama's heart like nothing else! I would have ALL boys and be happy. There is just something so special about a little boy and his mom, even grown-up boys.

And okay, will admit, when I see big or older boys I do kind of get a little scared.... I just hope I will have taught him well and that he'll still prefer me over anyone else in the world! :)

Awesome pictures, I love the brick inside your house.

Lori said...

Yes little boys are the best. Those pictures look so great Mary!
okay so my email is loriannjeppson@gmai.com so add me to your list :)

sara said...

I love boys!!! Since I am surrounded by them, I've noticed how much the world does not value male traits that make them unique. It's foreign to me, because I'm a girl. I value the things that boys bring into my life. I love that I have 4 men in my life that want to "rescue" or "save" me everyday. They are my superheros!