Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Zzzzzzzz.....finally.

Some people know that we have really struggled with getting Luke to sleep at night and nap time (well, we're still struggling with the naps!). After we got back from Utah he learned how to climb out of his crib, didn't like being in a "strange" place he couldn't remember and would not go to sleep. After fighting for about two months each night, things are finally looking up. He is no longer in the crib, just in his toddler bed. Now we have almost mastered the nighttime routine. Mastered, as in he will eventually fall asleep...well, at some point after we put him in bed (with a gate up, so he can't come out). 

Well, the last few nights we've found him asleep in a few funny places. Unfortunately, I have only caught a little of it on camera. 

He likes to rock himself to sleep in our wooden rocking chair...
We've also found him like this...
And we have found him rolled up in a ball underneath the rocking chair, or just flat on his face on his carpet, next to his bed. 

We're just glad he's finally falling asleep!


And for those of you that have been asking and don't believe me when I say I am already starting to show...well here's the proof. It's definitely not much, but there is a bump that I can no longer hide-not very well anyway.
12 weeks.
I'm starting to feel MUCH better, no more nausea, wahoo! And now that we are over our nasty colds, it's starting to get a lot better. However, I have been getting pretty severe tension headaches, pretty much all day that are no fun-especially around nap time (when Luke is crying so loud).

I've been going through cold cereal a lot lately...and a lot of other foods (Matt seemed to forgot how much food I can and must eat). Maybe we're having another boy...I'm having a lot of the same unhealthy cravings I did with Luke (french fries, ice cream, candy, anything sweet). Who knows!

5 comments:

Doug and Katie Clark said...

I read this post in the library and laughed too hard for library etiquette when I saw the picture of Luke asleep face-first on the floor. At least he's sleeping.

We will miss you guys this weekend at Doug's concerts!

Maddy said...

I love pictures of kids falling asleep in funny places!!! How do they do that??

And how the heck are you already showing??? that's so crazy, but you look great!

Andrea said...

Cute little bump!! And Luke is one funny boy! I'm so glad he is sleeping better for you. It is the worst when they refuse to sleep.

Sarah said...

You look too cute!! and tiny! glad to hear you're past the nausea.

(And by the way, CONGRATS!!) we are so happy for you! SO happy to hear Luke will be a big brother.

Liss said...

YAY!!! I had no idea .. I'm a little behind on the blogging thing. I'm SUPER excited for you guys!! Good Luck!! :)