Monday, April 19, 2010

An update and a busy month ahead!

Many of our friends and family want us to keep them updated about the house on our blog. I haven't up until now because we weren't a 100% sure on everything with the house (and I didn't want to curse ourselves!) But now that things are coming together, I will keep ya'll posted...

And things are coming together great with the house, it looks like, at this point, we'll still be closing on May 19th (1 month!)-unless something unexpected comes up. We had the inspection & it went relatively well, considering it's 69 years old (whoa, that sounds really old huh). There were only a couple of bigger things that we'll eventually have to get fixed. We had the appraisal & now we are just waiting on our mortgage approval, so we can move on to home insurance, the title & everything. There is SO much work (& money) that goes into buying a home, I am not sure why people do it....but we're going to do it too. :)  That said, we're still VERY excited, still very much in love & we drive by it almost every day.

This Wednesday we find out what we're having!!! Everyone thinks I'm having a girl & I do too...but I'm really trying not to get my hopes up. We'll see! It will be so fun to know, so I can get started on new baby projects. And I will be happy if it's a boy too.
As far as the pregnancy goes, I feel pretty good. I am starting to feel more like I am at the half way point (19 weeks) and getting bigger and more uncomfortable, but I know I am only going to get bigger! And it hasn't helped that I've already been having a load of braxton hicks contractions...that are uncomfortable, sometimes painful, and no fun. The baby has been kicking like crazy. Matt felt it for the first time two weeks ago, that was exciting. It's fun to know that there is actually something in there!


This weekend I'm heading out of town on a little girls trip to Pittsburgh with five of my friends. We're going to the Time Out for Women Conference. So excited!

Matt just started his VERY LAST rotation while in medical school. It's two weeks long, so the end of next week he'll officially be done! Go Matt!!!

In two weeks we're taking a graduation vacation to Williamsburgh, Virginia for a week!

A few days after we get back, his parents are coming for graduation & we are so excited to see them! We miss our family!

Then Matt graduates!!!!

And then only three days later, we close on our house!!!

That's that. We are so excited. It all seems so far away, but I know it will come quickly...I think it's because I'm just really anxious to find out what we're having! Once I get past that, it will all fly by.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow and I thought I was busy. I can't wait to see what your guys are having either. EXCITING! You'll have to brief me on the ins and out of house buying when we get there. It's so cool that you are able to. I miss you guys!

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Good luck on buying the zouse! I don't know if I'll ever be ready for that. I love the little foot pics! They are so sweet ;)
-Diane