Lately, as many of you know, Luke has been falling asleep in odd places. We get a kick out of it. Every night it's a new place, occasionally, he's actually sleeping in his bed.
And everyday we're reminded that he's two years old. Sadly, our sweet little boy (who is still very sweet and polite most of the time) is learning how to hit, kick, push, spit, talk back...so we're trying to learn how to take on these new challenges in parenting...any tips???
You'll see what I mean when I say Tarzan.
You'll see what I mean when I say Tarzan.
So, here's the latest.
Last Sunday we stayed after church for a baptism and dinner. It's always a very long day for Luke when we're at church from 12:00-5:00, or later. The only way we could get him to stop throwing temper tantrums and running away from us and hiding in rooms around the church, was bribing him with a brownie (see, we need some parenting tips!). Notice the brownie around his lips?
Also, his latest thing is to take his socks off and wear them on his hands....
That night...
Since this little guy will no longer stay in a crib and since we are moving next month we haven't bought him a "big boy bed" yet, so we just leave his mattress on the rug...and no we don't put it in the middle of his floor.
Tonight...Tarzan emerges..
We have to treat his room like a big crib, so there are no fun toys in his room and if they are they are up high. We want to eliminate any distractions we can so this little guy will fall asleep. Apparently, we should remove all the furniture too.
Notice the ugly, mustard yellow desk? Matt grabbed that off free cycle. It's patiently waiting for me to refurbish it....I'll get around to it, sometime.
Oh Luke, we love you. You are very creative and get into everything and anything.
What will you do next?

1 comment:
oh man! I am not looking forward to moving McKelle into a toddler bed someday. Maybe I'll just keep her in the crib forever. Can you do that? :)
Post a Comment