Friday, April 10, 2009

Slacking

I have been quite the slacker this week, I must confess.

I have not worked at all this week, which isn't good considering we got a ticket for 205.00 dollars! And made a few other financial mistakes...dang Keybank. I haven't studied much this week either, although I have done my homework. I need to get back into the swing of things.

Matt started his OB/Gyn Acting Internship (which means they treat him like a resident=long hours, more responsibility). It's good for him because he's really leaning towards doing this for the rest of his life, so after it's all said and done hopefully we'll have made a decision if this is the path he wants to take. For some reason when he does OB rotations life gets REALLY SLOW around here. It's quite depressing! He works longer hours and may get called out in the middle of the night. Luke and I (more me than him) mope around all day some days and stay in our pjs all day long...I'm lucky if I shower before Matt gets home. It might have to do with the fact that Matt is working on the west side, so he always needs the car and if the weather is bad we stay cooped up inside all day. It makes for really looong days.

Now that I have complained, I am going to get over it right NOW! Because this will most likely be the rest of my life.

Has your husband ever walked in the door and the first thing he says is, "I need to shower, I smell like Placenta?" (maybe a few of you, haha). Well I've heard this three different times this week.

Or has your husband had to come home and get his suit dry cleaned and his shoes washed because he got blood and other people's other bodily fluids (I'd rather not go into it) on them? It's only been a week.

Welcome to the rest of my life.

The good part is I get to hear a lot of amazing delivery stories (I think that is so cool) and the BEST part of it is, I know he loves what he is learning and doing. I can tell it makes him happy, so that is what's important.

Other exciting things that happened this week:

Luke barfed twice, in the same night, in his bed.

I have been able to work out every day this week (wahoo!)

It snowed for two days straight this week (thankfully not putting much down).

I have been outside once since Sunday (it's Friday).

I'm just thankful that I have good friends and family to keep me company on the phone and great blogs to read!

Most of all I'm thankful I have this little man to keep me smiling everyday...
I love you little Luke!

7 comments:

Meg said...

That's funny because I've been quite the slacker this week as well. It's always hard when you've had such a great weekend and then you find yourself alone once again, trying to stay motivated to get the school work or the dishes done, waiting for the next time you'll see family, or do something fun!

Kellie said...

Ha! Nathan's been coming home saying he needs to take a shower because he smells like formaldehyde. I think Matt's placenta smell wins!

Kat said...

Ok Mary lets stop being so pathetic. We live right across the street from each other, I am in my pj's all day, I don't shower or go anywhere so it's time we start having pajama parties EVERY DAY! Call me. If you don't then i'll call you so be prepared.

Maddy said...

I don't even know what to say... gross he said he smells like placenta, i'm sorry luke puked, ew because i hate the smell of baby vomit, so sad you haven't been able to go outside, lucky matt's chosen a direction, and we need to live close to each other when this is all over!

Marilyn said...

Mary hey there! We need to do our Baby Shopping trip soon! This will get you out of the house and you can teach me more about all you know about babies! Let's plan it soon... I also want to paint my baby room my doctor said it causes no risk as long as the windows are open. Are you interested at all? ;) If painting walls is not your thing don't feel any pressure. The warm weather is not too far away now and I bet that will get you feeling more energized. I think the length of the winter season definitely takes a toll on everyone. Hang in there!

Lori said...

Mary my friend, I just want you to know I really know how you feel! :) You can call anytime you need to vent or talk or have questions about what you guys are getting into! I didn't realize you guys were a one car family - that's hard. I'll do better at calling you when we go to the park or zoo (if it ever warms up). Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hey You! I hate those weeks when it seems like no matter what you just don't have the drive to do anything. I had one of those weeks this past week I was sick and its a week before finals so I just had a hard time. So I feel for you, I'm just proud that you worked out! I haven't since last thursday! ahh! Anyway make sure you at least go outside once a day and breath in a big breath of fresh air even if its cold. :P 6 days in the house without going outside is tooooo long! Well have a great week love ya!