Luke has been given a new name-with love.
Mr. Destructor!
(You have to say it with an Arnold Swartsinagor (sp?) voice, and emphasize the OR)
While he is learning how to get into just about EVERYTHING. I thought I better write it all down, so I remember just how smart he is.
A few things he has learned (and LOVES) to get into are:
Perfect for children.
You really don't realize how much you have to childproof a house until you have a child.
It's crazy!
This pic is actually quite cute. He looks like he's fixing it or something.
Mr. Destructor!
(You have to say it with an Arnold Swartsinagor (sp?) voice, and emphasize the OR)
While he is learning how to get into just about EVERYTHING. I thought I better write it all down, so I remember just how smart he is.
A few things he has learned (and LOVES) to get into are:
- The printer (see pics at the bottom, he looks so determined).
- He loves anything electronic.
- The remotes (He's seriously obsessed. Once he sees one, he HAS to have it. His eyes get big and he started breathing harder until he gets it.) The other day he found my exercise step bench thing and moved it over to the remotes, which were on top of the TV stand, on top of the big stereo and he reached up and grabbed it and they all (four) fell on his head. He looked at me like, "Oh dang, I got caught."
- The refrigerator, he loves to unplug it and he's working on opening it.
- The microwave...loves to unplug that one too.
- Cell phones (as obsessed as the remotes).
- The Stereo for the TV, he loves turning the music on or changing it while we are watching TV (of course during the best part).
- The DVD player, it's velcroed to the TV stand.
- He recently just ripped the soft speaker covers on the stereo speakers off and the front of the dvd player.
- The Oven. It's also velcroed shut (we love velcro). He will shake the handle as hard as he can with his whole body to get the oven open. A few times he's fallen flat on his back because he gets it open.
- The Stove. He has learned to step up on the drawer under the oven (that holds all the pans) and pull himself up so he can grab things and see what I'm cooking...not good. We've got to figure something out for that one.
- The toliet. Enough said.
- Plugs. He loves unplugging everything.
- He loves pulling the safety covers over the outlets off.
- He loves to wrap the vacuum cord and any other cords around his neck (this one scares me, we ALWAYS have to keep our eyes on him. Everything cord/rope type thing in our house is put up or hidden).
- All the book shelves out in our living room/dinning room are turned around.
Perfect for children.
You really don't realize how much you have to childproof a house until you have a child.
It's crazy!
As for the sweet things he does lately:
- He says, "Laaallaa" for Love or I love you.
- He loves to give mom and dad kisses. And he's really good at it.
- He loves to give big hugs too.
- He's learned to spin around. However, he gets it confused with spit...so I have to choose my words carefully or else I'll find spit all over my floor.
- He all the sudden started signing and saying all sorts of words.
- Yesterday he said the words, "cheese and milk."
- He says, "Ah dun" when he's finished eating.
- His uncle Dave taught him to put his arm in the air and pull it down and say, "YES!" It's really cute.
- He pats his head and says, "Oh noo."
- He says "Uh oh" all the time.
- He stomps his feet really fast on the ground, like he's running in place.
And the list goes on...
We love you little Lukey. Please don't grow up to fast. We have so much fun chasing you around and playing with you every day.
3 comments:
Well, after all that with Luke, you should be ready for two of mine tomorrow! Thanks again!
Awe! I can't wait to get our hooligans together. Half of those naughty things he does, Lyd does too. like the rope around his neck and instead of unplugging things she tries to put her finger or objects in outlets. It's awesome isn't it? I swear Jonah wasn't his hard.
What a great picture of Luke. He has such an adorable smile!
Post a Comment