Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lovin' this warm weather weekend!

The last three days have been really nice and full of sunshine. It has been between 55-70 degrees, a really nice change.

Since we're usually cooped up indoors, we go out whatever chance we get!
One of the days me and my friend Kat took our kiddies out for a walk to a nearby park. Matt had my stroller (it was in the car) so Luke got to walk. Lily pushed her little stroller & baby. And Kat had their stroller with their new baby Jake. It took us almost two hours, even though the park is like 2 blocks away. Those short legs don't go very fast and there are LOTS of distractions along the way.
I didn't get very many pictures, but they had a lot of fun playing on the playground. These kids play so well together, which is really nice. They chase each other around and giggle the whole time.
Luke landed in his first big mud puddle and stopped dead in his tracks, looked up at me and said, "Uh Oh." I realized he is not so much a baby anymore, he's turning into a big boy who loves rocks, sticks, dirt & mud.
On the walk home Luke and Lily decided they wanted to hold hands AND push the stroller at the same time. It was so funny and so cute! Check out the video at the bottom at the post.
I love their little work out outfits.
Luke loves playing on our front steps.
We saw our first flower pop up in our front yard and I was trying to show Luke the flower and to be soft and nice to it and as I am taking the picture he whacks it and I he ripped the flower off. Friday afternoon I got hit with the flu bug. It was a bummer because we had a babysitter lined up and we were supposed to have dinner and go to the art museum with Matt's fellow med students. We take any free date we can get. We haven't been on a date (without Luke) since October, so we were really looking forward to it. That was canceled and when Matt got home he sent me to bed and he took care of Luke until I was feeling better (which was mid day Saturday).
I found these pictures on the camera, this is how Matt gets dinner and other things done when he's on Luke duty, by himself.
Luke was watching T.V. in both pictures, taken on different days.
He was watching his first Cav's game in this picture. He LOVED watching it. He was really into it. I love his little outfit. It's a soccer jersey...but it works for basketball too, right?


After a while he wasn't into holding hands as much, you can hear him saying, "Mamamamama." He's a mama's boy these days.

2 comments:

Kat said...

That was so fun. Thanks for calling. I realized after I got home how many times you were the one to stop Lily from crossing the street and helping her with everything along the way. I was just thinking I still had only one kid and it was in the stroller I was pushing. I need to pay more attention. Scary.

kyleyetter said...

Nothing wrong with a Cavs game! Especially these days. Teach 'em young! Victoria has learned "Go Cougars" and can spot Cosmo from a mile away at the volleyball games.