Monday, April 6, 2009

Another great weekend


This weekend we had visitors!
We love visitors.
And we had so much fun, as always.
Our littlest visitor was...Baby McKelle!
Ohhh I just love this outfit she's wearing.

They came in LATE Thursday night (about 2 am, so I guess that makes it Friday).
Thursday was such a beautiful day, so surely we thought Friday would be too.
We packed a lunch and headed to the beach. When we pulled up there were no cars there, it seemed a little windy and was raining a little. We got out walked over to a table and nearly got blown away and soaked. We ended up eating in the car.
Next, we headed over to the Art Museum because it is FREE. We walked into a free exhibit that was all photographs and as we came around the corner there was a wall full of naked people!!! Ahhh. It wasn't indigenous people and they weren't paintings, it was photos of normal people. It was disgusting!! We shot right out of there.

On our way out there is a room by the front doors that has all glass walls and doors with nothing in there. I was so excited to finally let Luke run free and he goes running right into the window. He fell on his bum and had a huge bump on his forehead. It was pretty funny at first, but so sad. And the worst part is my friend also has a toddler and she warned me about the glass room (because her son did the same thing) and I didn't even think about it!

Later that night, Dave & Meg took us out for dinner for Matt's Birthday that is coming up.
It was SO good!
Thanks again you guys!
The boys.
And the girls.Little McKelle has gotten so big since we saw her last month, but she's still so little.
Oh she is so darn cute!! I love her little smiles!
McKelle met the bumbo chair while visiting. Luke was a good boy and never touched her, he just would run over to here and lean his head in and say, "hiiii."
Saturday headed to the West side to pick up more inventory for our booming mirror business. If anyone is looking for a big, framed mirror, we've got three styles we are currently selling! We headed back home and enjoyed two sessions of general conference. That night we ate at the beloved Dewey's Pizza and the guys headed to Priesthood and Meg and I hung out. It was my first time having someone to hang out with while Matt was at Priesthood. It was great, even though McKelle was not a happy girl.


Sunday we had a big, yummy breakfast and watched the morning session of conference (all sessions were so good!) In between sessions it was so nice outside so we headed over to Shaker lakes to take a stroll.

Luke loves being outside. I love the picture below.

After walking for a bit, I hate to say it, but this creepy guy just walks up and picks up Luke! Luke was a little worried. We need to teach him Stranger Danger. We were right there and he only had him for a minute, but who does that anymore? Below, is the dude with a beard that is longer than my hair.

My baby is getting so big!

Thanks Meg and Dave for taking the long drive to spend a few days with us. We had so much fun and can't wait to see you again in a month. We are so grateful to have family close enough to see every now and then.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

That is a cute entry. I am glad you guys had a lot of fun despite the mishaps. I can't believe Luke has such a full mouth of teeth now! We missed you at Choir practice!

Kellie said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend, minus the creepy guy;)

Rachel said...

That's hilarious about the museum! And you're right, what stranger picks up a kid? Weird.

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Good thing you took a pic. of the guy! That way if he took off with him you would have his picture! I love the picture with the 3 boys. Luke looks like he means business! I went to an art show once with my brother for a friend. She said if I was pregnant I would like it (I was). And it was all NAKED pregnant women. Up and Down, sitting, standing...you get the idea. I didn't even bother finding her painting of circles? Hummm...art...

Maddy said...

i can't believe that guy just picked up luke! some people just don't get that they don't look normal... and those are usually the ones that will do stuff like that! ha! What do the mirrors look like?

Entertaining the Johnsons said...

Kami did the same thing in Icing in the provo mall. She was running in and out of the store and thought she had found another way out. She was running full blast and ran straight into this window/wall. I have never laughed so hard. She fell straight down. So I laughed really hard when I read this entry about luke because I could imagine it.