Well last night my wonderful husband found this thrifty find and it was FREE!
He belongs to some Yahoo group called Free Cycle where people just post free things. It's great!
It is an old sewing table.
It's so pretty and I'm not sure what I'm going to do to it like paint it or just clean it up, but it definitely has potential.
Plus I love to sew and now I have a table devoted to it, that also just closes up and looks pretty.
We got it for 5 bucks at a hotel liquidation sale.
It is in good shape, but I can't decide if I want to reupholster it or not??
What do you think?
This was 10 bucks at the same hotel sale and this is what it looked like before,
an ugly, old, gold frame.
(It actually looks good in the big picture, but it really needed a little TLC).
I painted it black and sanded it a bit, to get the gold to show through and give it a distressed look and I love it!
(By the way that stand you can see in the mirror was 5 dollars at a yard sale that we refurnished.
I love Ohio yard sales!!!)
1 comment:
Those are cool pieces and you are very creative for taking on the adventure of refurbishing them! I like what you did to the mirror. It definitely looks more modernized! Cute! I still have the pictures of Luke on the side of my fridge, he is such a sweet little baby, it makes me smile when I see it. thanks!
Post a Comment