Our desk is right next to the couch and Luke is usually blocked into our living room when he's just playing on the floor with his toys. I was sitting at the desk just checking my email and my back was turned to him. He usually is making so many noises either banging things around or squealing, but for a minute or so it was silent. I turned around and will never forget the feeling I had. Luke was on the couch sitting on his knees just staring at me, waiting for me to turn around and get a good reaction. And he got one! I said, "Huuu, You little turkey!!!! How did you get up there!!!!" It was the WEIRDEST thing ever!! He has tried climbing on things with short steps and can climb up the stairs, but just randomly onto our couch???
So I tried to see if he'd do it again (I know bad encouragement). I just wanted to see how he did it in the first place.
Well, he didn't quite make it. But you and I get an idea of how he must have gotten up there... what a sneaky little baby.
The same day we were in the kitchen eating breakfast. I'll feed him a jar of whatever and then give him toast and cheese or something like that that he can feed himself. While he was eating I was doing the dishes, with my back turned again for a few minutes (bad idea). When I turned around he had weaseled his way out of his straps in the high chair and was standing up. It scared me so bad, if he would have fallen it would have been a high fall. I picked him up and put him in his crib, but he doesn't get the whole being in trouble thing so he just played happily in his crib for a few minutes.
That night I came into our living room, while Luke had been playing in his pack'n play for a minute. You can imagine how I felt when I saw this!!!! Shortly I realized there was something rather big holding it up and it wasn't just Luke. Thank goodness.
He looks terrified.
When Meg and Dave came out to stay with us for a few days they packed along some things for us (thanks you guys!!!) that Matt's mom was sending. One thing was this big dump truck that was Matt's when he was little. (He earned it when he stopped sucking his thumb, when he was little of course..hehe). Well thanks Grandma Clark because Luke loves it! His new trick is he'll climb up in it and rock back and forth so it will scoot along the ground. And aren't the pj's cute?
Oh and he learned another trick. He'll push it up to the T.V. stand and climb into the back stand up and try climbing onto the second shelf of the stand where all the cool buttons he loves so much are. We've got a nutty baby on our hands!!!
Matt took call the other night, he left at 6am and didn't come home until 1:00 pm the NEXT day...ugh...I life of a doc's wife (I don't recommend....jk). Well thank goodness we live in such an awesome ward, our Relief Society had yet another wonderful "Girls Night Out." We have one almost every month. What we do is all meet up at Mitchell's Ice Cream (this AMAZING place) and eat ice cream and just hang out...doesn't it sound great? Well thanks to my friend Kat I was able to go and Luke got to come too. It was a cold night and we hadn't gotten a coat or even a warm sweater for Luke yet so I tried this on.
Remember this??
We got this darn cute little outfit when he was born.
It is size 3 months I believe and it practically still fits him!!!
I have to let his feet hang out though, he's a little tall, but he looks so cute in it!
Unfortunately he wouldn't fit in his car seat while wearing it, so I took it off and I think he was happy about that.
- Balancing on his own (only for a few seconds, but its a start!)
- When ever he hears me and Matt kiss he makes kiss sounds, it's so funny!
- He has learned how to give kisses to mommy and daddy.
- He learned how to clap his hands.
- We've been teaching him a little bit of sign language and he did his first sign on his own yesterday. He wanted to "Eat."
- He watched his first Christmas movie, Elf...and it won't be the last.
- He slept until 7:15 this morning!!! It was amazing! The past two weeks he's been waking up at 5:00 am and not going back to sleep. And the past 3 months or so he's been waking up at 6:00 am. I think the time change messed him up a bit, but we've been trying everything to change his schedule and hopefully this time whatever we did worked!!!!!!!
- He dances. Whenever music is playing or someone sings he'll rock back and forth.
- And right now he is working on laying on his tummy pulling toys out from under the couch (which is really cute because he sticks him little bottom up in the air) and then he'll crawl over to the chair of pack'n play and try in crawl UNDER them, lying flat on his belly!
We just can't turn our backs for a second!
P.S. That big project we've been working on...we'll it's still in the works. BUT it is getting much, much closer!!!!!!
3 comments:
Geez! That's a lot of information. I thought Lydia was starting to get mischevious, but give her another month and well, we've got Luke on our hands! I love the stories! I can't wait to see him at Christmas (and you guys!)
The projects you have are AWESOME! I can't believe you can find such great deals. I joined FreeCycle here, but alas - there is nothing. We'll keep trying though after we've seen your finds.
that was a huge post, but so cute and worth the scrolling... and scrolling :) He is a sneaky little boy! Looks like he's taking after Matt when he's around Bryce :) That sewing table is great! I think it would be cute painted a shabby chic kind of look since's it's got the queen anne legs. And I think you should reupholster the bench. Amy Butler always has the CUTEST fabrics and I'm making some curtains out of her fabric right now. It's really bright and fun... and reupholstering is so easy.
way cute little outfit!
Post a Comment