Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's FINALLY complete!

So we finally finished our BIG project!!!
Matt wanted me to post these sort of step-by-step photos of the process.
This was Luke's Christmas present.
Our problem was our old, dangerous, broken fire place.
Now it's nothing but fun (if your under the age of 4)!!!!
It was pretty easy for us to come up with a plan, but took a while to actually carry it out.
Matt cut all the shapes out with a jigsaw.

Matt really wanted to take a picture of me painting.
It took me all day to finish the monkey and croc, but I was SO happy when I was done!
Voila!!
What we have here is a little play center for Luke.
Let me explain what is included:
  • The tubes cross in the back so you put the ball in the top left it comes out bottom right (ya get the idea).
  • The monkey's belly and the croc's mouth are a bean bag toss.
  • The monkey's face is a door that opens up and it's a mirror (this part is Luke's favorite, at this age).
  • Alphabet blocks spin and have pictures of the letter (they are crooked for a reason, it gives them character, right?? Actually it was really hard to make them straight).
  • The cut out squares, you can put our extra letter blocks in and they drop down and you open the door (on the croc) and they fall out.

Even though it may not be the nicest home decor for our living room Luke loves it, it's safer than the broken fire place. Plus, we rarely have people over and when we do they usually have kids with them. Not to mention we will only live here for a year and a half longer.
Yay for us (that we finally finished)!!!!!!

14 comments:

Emily said...

I love it. I think you should sell the idea to some big toy company. You guys are so clever, I would have never thought of it. I'm going to have to show Doug when he gets home today.

Meg said...

Mary, it looks sooo cute! I can't believe you painted those animals! Did you copy a picture or did you just come up with those? Wow, it looks great! How creative! That's probably so nice not to have your big bench in front of the fire place all the time now.

Andrea said...

I love it!! You guys are so creative. It's adorable and looks like so much fun! I'm guessing me and Casey would even play with it. :) And you are very talented. I love the animals!

Marilyn said...

Hey that is way cool! Someday Luke will look back on that and really be touched by your effort and care for him! How sweet! Good job!

The Hansens said...

That is so adorable! Amazing creativity!

White Out said...

I am impressed! wow! great job!

Janelle said...

Wow. That is amazing. I love it! What creativity! You guys could totally market these, if you were up to all the work of mass production. I want one!

Anonymous said...

MARY! I too am in awe of your inspiring work :P Good job!!!

Jenny & Brandon said...

That is great, I'm sure Luke love's it! You guys are so smart and crafty. Love you!

Unknown said...

So it's been awhile since I checked your blog apparently. COOL! I absolutely love this. I kinda want to make one, but I don't have a jigsaw, hmmm. I love that it's a whole playcenter that doesn't take any floor space. It's times like this I'm proud to call you family ;)

Liss said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! How much??? :) You guys are so creative!!! I love to check and see your new creations!!! Where are you guys going in a year and a half??

Maddy said...

ok how I didn't see this before you guys got here, I don't know. And you're at our house right now but I'm being lame and commenting on the blog because you went to bed already- haha :) I'll tell you good job in the morning too!!

Rachel said...

Truly amazing!!! I love it!

sara said...

SO COOL!!! It makes me wish I had a little one I could bring over to play!