Some might complain and groan about paying for health insurance, I know because I have before, until today. Today our health insurance has made our day here at the Clark household.
When Luke and I were in the hospital after I had him, at University Hospitals, we received an E.O.B. (explanation of benefits) ya know that had everything we were going to be billed for and how much was out to insurance. Well it was a lot...a lot as in my hospital stay was 10,668.00 and Luke's bill was around 1,700.00. That was just from the hospital, not including, lab bills, doctor visits/prenatal care/ultrasounds bills.
Well it's been about 7 months since we had Luke and we haven't received any bills from the hospital, which we've been dreading. So I called over to the hospital to see what happened to our bills, or what our balance was and the news was GREAT!!!
"Mrs. Clark you're balance for your hospital charges is ZERO. The insurance has covered everything. As for your son, you only own 286.00"
Wooot Wooot!! I wanted to jump up and down and scream! All along we were dreading all these bills but not any more!
4 comments:
That is great news! I had one insurance company that didn't bill us for over a year, and it turned out to be a big one. I'm glad you have great insurance.
That is great news! I had one insurance company that didn't bill us for over a year, and it turned out to be a big one. I'm glad you have great insurance.
I too am grateful for insurance, especially with having a baby. However, lately our insurance has given us some major run arounds by not covering certain things. We've had to call doctors and send in appeals and are currently trying to fight one claim ($400's worth). I'm learning that we are our only advocates when it comes to insurance.
So, you have to tell me... which insurance plan were you on when you had Luke? Were you still covered by the place that you had worked or were you on a student plan with Matt? I'm just curious because I want the best possible insurance when we have our baby.
Post a Comment