Thursday, August 7, 2008

A New Hobby



While I was in Utah Matt found a new hobby, which is find garbage on the side of the road and fix it up. Here in Cleveland pretty much everyone just puts their garbage on the side of the road on garbage night and a lot of the time there is pretty decent stuff, not many people take's their old things to Good Will or Purple Heart or D.I (if we had a D.I.) SO sometimes we find good stuff (gross I know).

Anyway Matt found this chair and stripped it, sanded it down, re-varnished it and reupholstered it. It took him quite a while because he sanded the whole thing almost all by hand. It was a fun project that kept him busy while I was away and it turned out really nice! We just don't have anywhere to put it in our house.

Good job Matt!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Matt, the chair looks so great! Did you go to the fabric store for the upholstering? You should show us all of your finds. It's fun to see. Em