Saturday, February 23, 2013

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day this year, I went all out...or at least I felt like I went out "enough."
It was actually a lot of fun! Well, besides the part where Matt didn't get home from work till about 8pm. :(

During preschool on Vday Devin and I had our own little "pre-school party."
We tried to make these heart necklaces, and kind of failed. 
 And this was actually the night before Vday, but some of my close friends and I wanted to get together to do a little craft together. But sure enough when Kassie is hosting it isn't anything simple, it's absolutely AMAZING! I snapped a few photos of the gorgeous set up. She made us all feel so loved. 
 Yes, that is layered jello and heart-shaped croutons in the background.


 Heart-shaped jr. mints anyone?
And the funny thing is, she does this kind of thing flawlessly. I would have to plan something like this weeks in advance, but she just throws it together on a whim! 

These are terrible pics, but she even made us these cute little "cupid kits" to take home.
I am so grateful to have such great friends here!

Since I'm pregnant, most things revolve around food, and so did our day. 
 The kids are at the age where they get SO excited about holidays. 
We were rushed (since I had a late night the night before with my friends), but I threw together these heart pancakes and dyed our milk pink.
 Lunch time...I think you'll notice a theme here.

 That night we waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited for Matt to get home....................................Luke and I had decorated the dinning room to have a fancy Vday dinner and party. And I had worked most of the afternoon on our dinner. So we continued to wait and wait...and eventually the boys were SUPER grumpy and tired. I threw some chicken nuggets in the microwave and we had our own crappy dinner and party. We watched Charlie Brown's Valentine, and exchanged valentines.
I had gotten the boys these little boxes of chocolates.
 Luke ate one and saved the rest. Dev scarfed the whole box down. 

 Luke tends to make this face in a lot of photos these days. Goof.

These are the valentines the boys gave to their friends and we had some left overs.
 So I sent the little one to bed and Luke and I stayed up waiting for Matt. 
Luckily most of the food could just  wait and keep warm.

Yes, those are heart-shaped carrots in our yummy chicken heart-shaped-noodle soup and cupid-hearts made out of grape tomatoes in our salad. When he was finally coming home we threw in some rolls and had those with strawberry jam too. For dessert we had strawberries dipped in chocolate and had planned to have "cupid's floats," (vanilla ice cream with cherry 7up), but since the kids were down there wasn't a point.
 And my little stinker Devin would run through the room and yank down hearts that we had hung up. 
He thought it was so funny. 
 The following night Matt and I had date night and went and got some greasy-good food at the Bspot (that I've been craving ever since)....so it wasn't all bad. :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: