Sunday, February 17, 2013

Luke's "real" Birthday

I feel like since I am a photographer I should do an "official" photo shoot of Luke since he turned 5...but Cleveland is cold and dreary this time of year and it just does not sound found to me (or to make Luke do it)...but maybe I'll eventually get around to it.

Here are just a few shots of our busy birthday day Luke had....

He miraculously slept in and I had to wake him up at like 8:30...which was good, because it gave me time to do this (which he really wanted)...

And make blue pancakes before heading off to preschool.
 While he was at preschool I visited his Kindergarten open house (sniff, sniff). 

And afterwards we went straight to Chuck-e-cheese (a total surprise for him). 

 And it got even better. 
We stopped at Cold Stone on the way home (he asks all the time and we never go here).
 Other miracles happened that day:
-Devin took a nap.
-I took a nap (while Luke played on the iPad-another birthday request)
-Matt got home in the 4'o clock hour (waking me up from my nap!!). He is on a tough rotation, so it was a complete shock. 

Then we took off to Chick-fil-a for Luke's birthday dinner and they gave us free ice cream cones! 

On the way home we picked up Ice Age from Redbox and had a movie night and a few presents.
He was most excited for his new watch, he has to show it to everyone.
 It was a CRAZY busy day...I'm not used to go-go-going all day. We usually have a few hours of quiet time each day, but it was so fun for us to spend the day together!

The next day our bigger gift to him finally arrived. 
 It's like little boy heaven...until your 2-year-old brother knocks it down and the fighting begins. :)

A little about Luke these days.

Luke is so smart, kind and caring. He is a lot like his daddy. He loves to work in his "work" books, practicing writing, but especially loves math right now (addition and some subtraction). Any book really, mazes, dot-to-dot, sticker books, you name it, will entertain him for hours! He's also working through I Am Sam books, learning to read. He's such a smart boy and can focus for a long time on things (like putting Lego's together too, following the instructions). 

He's become a much better eater over the years, but is still pretty picky and is a light eater. He sleeps throughout the night in his bed most nights, but goes through phases where he comes in our room (ugh!). He does have to sleep with his Ikea night light on...all night long.

He loves to play with his friends and tends to be the "leader" among them. He isn't pushy or bossy, but I think is just a natural leader and kids tend to follow him. 

He loves to sing and dance, but dance more. Right now he likes to break dance...and it's pretty hilarious (almost embarrassing! haha). Oh and still beat boxes every now and then.

He loves to tell jokes and thinks they are SO funny, even though they never make any sense. 

He is very excited to be a big brother again and prays for me and the baby in every prayer...saying funny things like, "please bless the baby will be good in mom's tummy."

I can't believe how much he has grown over the years. He is so curious and eager to learn. He is a great big brother to Devin and teaches him some pretty hilarious things. He is so sweet and tender, always caring for others and thinking about other people. 

We just love our little Lukey and are thankful that Heavenly Father sent him to our family!

Happy Birthday Luke!

No comments: