When I do these month posts I realized that I take A LOT of photos with my phone.
Some are edited via Instagram.
As always, these are totally random photos.....
Child labor...
A little light reading
(Luke-pocket book Constitution, Dev-Duty to God)
I asked Luke what he was doing (he's sitting in front of the heating vent by the way)
and he said, "I need peace."
Sledding!
It was a dangerous hill for these little dudes. Luke got taken out once by a sledder (he was fine) and Dev was seconds away (or just missed) getting plowed by another one-and I don't think he would have been fine. Thankful we survived! ;) However, the boys LOVED it.
I mean, look at that smile.
We were just next door to the one and only Patterson's donut shop...my FAVE!!!
The boys cutting out hearts to send to Sandy Hook. We heard about it through my sis-in-law. The PTA was going to decorate their school in hearts and were asking for donations. My boys LOVED it! It was sweet.
Luke was playing in the attic and said, "Mom, come up stairs, but stop on the first step!"
Thanks Luke.
We had one very random (this never happens) Saturday that we didn't have any plans and not a care in the world, so we went to the Temple...
It's a 3 hr drive each way (in Columbus) and then Matt and I have to swap sessions, so it ends up being a whole day event really. It was such a BEAUTIFUL day. This was the beginning of Jan and it was 65 degrees!!!
I LOVE these pics of Dev. He kept telling us to be quiet. So cute.
Luckily the temple is right next to the stake center, and it's a nice little area, so did a lot of exploring, scavenger hunts and found this hill for the boys to roll down. They thought it was awesome. There is also a nearby stream and when they were with Matt they built boats out of leaves and sticks and had races. He's so clever.
And they are SUCH posers. Haha!
Matt is quite the storyteller. He makes stories up for the boys all the time and they just love it. The following pics were taken when Matt was telling Luke a story.
I love Luke's expressions.
Dev, cuddling my pudgy baby belly.
Matt wanted to buy cloth napkins (because he uses about 20 per meal...okay maybe that's an exaggeration, but he goes through way more than one person should). So now Dev loves to use "captains."
One of the many faces of Devin.
A long day+Dad working all night= picnic in the basement with a movie....happy boys and happy mom.
One lovely Saturday, my friend and I did a little shopping out at Aurora Farms. I had to bring my boys, since Matt was working, but they were angels! It was a miracle. And I scored and got some great deals! Yay!
Devin has been waking up INCREDIBLY early for weeks now (5:30-6:30am). I think it kills me a little more every day. He is also becoming more and more independent and will wander down to the kitchen in the mornings to get some breakfast. He can reach the light, open the fridge (we have to Velcro it shut), etc. One morning, I was having an extra hard time getting out of bed and when he came back up stairs I noticed chocolate and powdered sugar on his face. I asked him what he was eating and he said, "cereal!"
I think he meant, "muddy buddies."
Needless to say, he was hyper and happy at 6am...until I took it away. :)
More randomness...
I started this wreath a year ago...and finally finished it this year in time for Vday.
I think it's a little small for my door. But it took me FOREVER (literally), so I don't care. It also looks unnaturally bright in these photos.
To see the detail...I cut felt in spirals and twisted every. single. rose. and glued it on.
Looks cute, but was a pain. And it reminded me that I actually DO like to buy decorations already made. :)
Oh and then I woke up the next morning and said, "HEY! I'm going to potty train Devin today."
Ummm???
7 accidents and 1 success!
He did NOT get it.
I was taking him every 5 minutes by the end of the day, and he would still pee on the floor or somewhere in between. He obviously was not ready and neither was I.
I tried to load him up with fluids and make him stay in one place. He thought it was cool. But he also thought it was cool to pee on every towel and blanket that we owned.
Matt said, "maybe just give it one more day."
Then the next morning, who started barfing? Devin! So that was good enough for me.
We'll try again in a couple of months. :)
Fortunately, the pukes only lasted for 5 hours, literally. It was the coolest flu bug ever (I know this first hand, because it hit me while driving the other day. I barfed while driving, like I was a 2 year old too. It passed a few hours later. It was pretty sweet).
This was him after a bath that night...
Luke painting his pinata for his party...
The boys filling it with candy, watching Mickey Mouse and baking cupcakes at 7am. Pretty sweet morning, wouldn't you say?

So far, Luke LOVES to go to the dentist. He asks almost every week if we can go.
It was like the happiest birthday ever when he got to go a few days before his bday. He's so funny.
And you saw my last post about his birthday party!
Well, this was the after-party....
Well, this was the after-party....
Dev running with an airplane and Matt and Luke racing remote control cars. I was eating some well-deserved cake and putting up my aching feet!!!
People were SO generous. He got a lot of great gifts! It was like a second Christmas here (but, I guess that's what you get when you invite 17 kids!).
Matt was making cookies with the boys, teaching them about service. They delivered them to a family in our ward that night who had just had a baby (along with a dinner I made :).
Luke was singing opera and Devin was licking the lid of the baking soda...That sums up cooking with dad.
Remember the part where I said Devin is not a good sleeper anymore???....this would be the result of that.
We've had some very unseasonably warm days throughout the month of January. It's felt more like Spring. On our way home from preschool, we saw 3 big deer in someones yard. The kids thought it was so cool to stop and see "the reindeer." It's always weird to me to see deer in the city...even though we see them a lot actually.
Devin at 5:30-6:30 AM-he gets out of bed, lays on his floor and YELLS "cock-a-doodle-doo!!!"
Drives me insane.
Matt found himself saying to Devin the other night, "Devin, if you say cock-a-doodle-doo again, I will take away your binki!"
Even though, it's really time for the bink to go...but most days he'll still nap and I'm just not ready to give that up, if that means getting rid of the binki.
Luke making a mess while eating leftover cake and making thank you cards from his bday.
He got about 5-6 sets of Lego's for his birthday. He's so good and after me guiding him once or twice on some, he will now sit down and follow the instructions and build them himself. I love it!
I think rain boot weather is my favorite, which happens quite frequently in the Cleve.
Even every now and then in January.
I got to attend the open house for Luke's Kindergarten this month too....SCARY! I cannot believe he'll be starting K this year. :'(
I think he will love it actually...but I'm just trying to soak up the months until he goes. He's growing too fast!
Baby bump has definitely popped around here. I took this photo at 18 weeks. I'm now 20 and baby is doing great! We couldn't be happier. And we are so excited for this little man to come. Half way there!
Apparently this is how I look to Matt........or maybe he got me confused with another patient (I hope!)???
Nice.
Umm Devin, why are you filing your nails?
My boys love to dress up, Devin especially.
And the boy after the after party of his birthday bash...notice he's sleeping in his room with the "trip-wire" still up?
I didn't realize how busy January was until now. For that time of year, it was a pretty good one!




























































1 comment:
Sheesh! That was busy. I appreciate the blog updates even if I follow the instagrams. It's just the way it's going nowadays.
I miss ya and your little guys too!
Post a Comment