On Christmas Eve Luke insisted on making cupcakes for Santa. He thought he was tired of so many cookies. :)
The funny part was we only had a Halloween mix. So I covered the orange frosting with all those sprinkles. I think we fooled Santa!
The Christmas goods!
Dev loved his train all set up. He knew it was for him and in ran straight to it, laid on his belly and just played with it for a while. It was so cute.
Closing their eyes...it took Devin a long time to scoot down the stairs with his eyes closed. Funny kids.
It took us about 3 hours to open all of our presents! Mostly because we took turns. Since we have no where to go, we like to try and savor the morning!
The boys were got a little too spoiled this year I think...Lukes two big presents were this collect of Star Wars stuff and a remote control Sonic the Hedgehog skater dude, among lots and lots of other toys, games, movies and clothes.
And Dev's two bigger gifts were his train set and this big rig that holds like 50 matchbox cars. I love his fascination with cars, trains, air places, etc.
They were also spoiled by their grandparents too!
Matt is a great gift-giver. I wasn't sure I'd ever say that. But really, he has surprised me quite a bit over the last couple of years. This year he really outdid himself. He gave me 3 sets of jammies, lots of little stocking stuffers, an Aldo backpack that I really wanted, maternity pants (nice try babe), the softest sheets on the planet and my biggest surprise were my new Hunter boots. They are rain boots and they are AMAZING! Most people know that I have a bit of an obsession with boots (and yes, I usually get at least one pair each year), but these ones definitely top them all. THANK YOU BABE!!!!
And if you're thinking, why rain boots? Well, Cleveland is a very wet place, lots of rain throughout the year and I've already gone through my share of cheap rain boots. I'm SO excited! :)
Oh and Luke "went in on the boots too." He is very observant little fella, he knew that I really wanted some fancy pens (that I use to write on my clients CDs) and so Luke bought me a set of nice pens. He is so much like his dad. I'm surrounded by little gentlemen!
Our parents really spoiled us as well. We are so thankful for the practical gifts they give. Seriously, they always give gifts that we need and want to buy, but don't always have the extra money to get them. This year we got this awesome emergency radio that has phone chargers, wind up battery, a solar panel, flash light and other nifty little gadgets on it. We also got a Victorio Strainer! Yay. We've been making applesauce the last few years and always borrowed one, but now we have our own to make more applesauce this year! My mom got us this triple slow cooker. Basically it's great for entertaining. We love it and have already used it a few times since Christmas! The boys were spoiled with countless toys and we got lots of other little things and money. We are so thankful for such wonderful, loving parents!
You probably aren't wondering, but in case you were, Matt was given lots of clothes (that he needed badly), socks (a gift given to each of us at almost every holiday...why do we all go through socks so fast?!), a head lamp (he still thinks it's lame, but I know it will come in handy!) and lots of other little things.
But most of all we are grateful for this time of year to remember the birth of our Savior and to reflect on all of our wonderful blessings!
Merry Christmas!!

















4 comments:
I have loved catching up on all of your posts! It makes me miss Cleveland! A lot!!! It looks like you guys have had a busy and fun holiday season. And again, so excited for your third addition- can't wait to hear if baby will be a little boy or girl! Happy New Year!
Triple slow cooker sounds awesome! You need to show us a pic of your boots themselves, not just the box!
What a fun Christmas! Santa was really good to you all (and Hunters for Mom.... nice!). Your boys are so cute and I can only imagine their excitement that morning.
I love Devin's face as he is coming down the stairs... priceless.
Post a Comment